STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 04:06:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Westside Model Company Heisler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Westside Model Company Heisler  (Read 1180 times)
Yorkie

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »

About two months ago, before the new message board, I asked for information on the No. 3 Heisler made by Westside Model Company which is a brass model of the Heisler No. 1041 built for the Westside Lumber Company in 1900. I had seen it in an antique shop and was interested in buying it.

After getting some very helpful information at the time from: Tom Milam, Tiny, and Glenn Joesten, I finally bought it last weekend. It's in nice condition complete with two sets of trucks (for choice of On3 or O tracks) and came with the original box. I paid $275.00 which seems reasonable based on the information you provided. Thanks for your help.

Charles Wordsworth 
tiny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »

You did good kid, $275 is good......Now go have fun with it!!...... tiny

DIRECTOR OF IMPORTANT STUFF
glennk28

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »

I think you'll enjoy it.  I have had two--both traded off for locos that more fir my plans--As I recall, they have an open-frame motor, which I replaced. If you haven't yet gotten into brass detailing, this one lends itself to a small project of building a backhead and some cab interior details. It will take some freelancing as the gear toweris partially in the way--but the big cab windows show off all that is not there.  Have Fun!  If you have any questions along this line, feel free to contact me off list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: