ONLINE
STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
  Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
46  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: Where to get traction tires or any other parts on: March 06, 2009, 12:16:37 AM
3rail,

  No problem.  I brag about Williams whenever I can.  And I am further impressed by hearing about the long running holiday layout and durability of traction tires in such heavy use.  My units may not get quite that much wear but they do run for hours several days a week here on my layout, for at least the last ten years or more.  I do keep my tracks clean, and do not over-oil locos.

  In recent years I have pretty much decided to only add more Williams locos, fairly rare for me to add other manufacturers locomotives to my roster anymore.  Some of the features on other locos are certainly fun at times, but mostly I run my Williams for smooth reliable running and great looking locos.  I think all of us split up our purchases over the various munufacturers who all have something to offer.  For me though, Williams locos are populating my layout at about 60% now, while other brands total up to the remaining 40%.
Value for the dollar, quality paint and graphics, reliability, and no worries about the long range durability of the Williams locomotives and passenger cars are what attract this customer.   
47  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: Bachmann Sales/ Marketing Check Out The OGR Forum For Recent Product Suggestions on: March 04, 2009, 12:23:32 PM
Here is a thread I started on OGR Forum, and thus came onboard this forum thanks to the referal from Allan at OGR.  Lots of product suggestions followed.

 http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/57660482/m/48310289
48  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: Where to get traction tires or any other parts on: March 04, 2009, 12:17:25 PM
On the topic of traction tires:

  My Williams locos have never required a traction tire replacement, and they have MANY more hours of use than locomotives I own which are made by the other manufacturers.  Whereas those "other manufacturers" units go through traction tires constantly.  I bought the Williams Genesis units the week they were released many years ago, and they still work hard pulling long passenger trains on the original tires.

  The only time I bought replacement tires from Williams was to try them on another manufacturers loco, but they were a bit too narrow and moved around in the groove but stayed on and still work on that loco as well. 

  I swear by the quality of Williams and reliability, and the traction tires are obviously of a better quality than the competitors.  I prefer to spend time running my trains, not repairing them, thus my love of Williams products.  I am not sure why the tires last on Williams better than the other brands, but keep it up Bachmann!   
49  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: Amtrak Genesis Paint Schemes on: March 04, 2009, 12:05:44 PM
I would buy a pair of Amtrak Genesis units in the current "Wave" paint scheme immediately upon their release from Williams/Bachmann.  I already own the other two paint schemes offered by Williams, anxiously awaiting the current paint used by Amtrak, dark blue wave scheme with silver "platinum mist," and new Amtrak logo.   
50  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: New 2009 Williams by Bachmann catalog due when? on: March 04, 2009, 11:57:48 AM
I like the artist renderings in the Golden Memory line, but a few photos added to compliment the artwork would be nice.  I hope that Bachmann keeps the artwork as well.
51  Discussion Boards / Williams by Bachmann / Re: Wish list for 2010 on: March 04, 2009, 11:47:58 AM
Here are the items I would buy from Williams by Bachmann if they were to be produced, and none require new tooling, just new paint schemes on old favorites:

1)    Amtrak Genesis in the current "Wave" paint scheme.  

2)    Metroliner in the later paint scheme with the large word "Amtrak" accross    the front with red above and blue below the large lettering. 

3)    A set of streamlined passenger cars in Penn Central to go with the PC F3's I just purchased.  I think they should be aluminum with either green or black nameplates and PC markings. 

4)   F3 in Norfolk Southern Executive train paint scheme.      
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Powered by SMF | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!