News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My newest kit & a request

Started by lanny, April 06, 2007, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lanny

Hi all,

Sometime back I mentioned that I had a couple of old "Holgate&Reynolds" ("Three Brothers, Inc") Chicago Metra car kits. Here are a couple photos ... one of the finished kit, the other of the Metra train that I have built, bought and, with the locomotive (Spec F40 PH) painted and decaled. Of course this is totally out of place for my late steam era layout ... but it will eventually reside on a hidden 'storage/staging' track for my son (who wanted me to model the Metra he often rode when living in Chicago).

I still have some detail work to do on the Spec F40 PH, and one more Holgate&Reynolds car to build to complete the six car train. By today's craftsman kit standards, the kit is pretty poor ... specially the white metal castings. They are 'awful'! But the extruded aluminum body is nice looking, and seems a pretty close kit to the original CB&Q/Metra commuter cars.

Above is the finished kit. I don't plan to do any 'interior detailing'.

Here's a 'cab car' view of the whole train.

My request is this: I am trying to locate one set of the self stick blue and white Metra signs that go on these cars. I have had no sucess, though looking for them in many places.

If anyone on the forum has a set that they would be interested in selling, please contact me off line (they must be the same as are found in the H&R/Three Brothers Chicago Metra HO kits). Thanks!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

r0bert

scan the car side with the logo into your computer, crop just the part you want, and print them out on sticky lables

SteamGene

Sounds like that would work.  Cover defects with grafitti.   ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"