News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&S #21 and general comment

Started by vroc3349, August 04, 2009, 11:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vroc3349

I sure hope someone gets some pics of the C&S #21 which is listed without a pic on this site.  While I'm not a purist and am satisfied with generalities, I do want to see it with a Bear Trap spark arrester before I buy one.
I am very impresses with Bachman's supply of alternative parts which allow you to make the loco your own.  It's kinda like owning a motorcycle and adding extra or different parts to change the look.
Good for you Bachman.
vroc3349

ebtnut

Go here to see pics of the prototype as they evolved over the years.  Scroll down towards the bottom to see No. 8 with a good view of the "beartrap" stack.  http://4largescale.com/fletch/d10.htm

vroc3349

Great looking loco and thanks for the url.

I sure hope they are offering this loco with all the good stuff shown.

Has any one seen one of Bachman's offerings yet?

vroc3349

James Thomas

What "listing on this site" are we talking about?

-JRT

Hamish K

The C&S #21 is in the 2009 Bachmann Catalogue which is available for downloading from the home page of this site - scroll though the featured products pages until you find it. No picture is shown.

I have not seen one but I would expect it to be simply a new run of the existing 2-6-0 with a different number - the previous C&S version was #22 and that did not have a bear trap stack. There is no suggestion that C&S #22 differs from other versions, it has the same general description and is the same MSRP as the carried over versions (unlettered and bumblebee). However we will have to wait until one arrives to be sure.

On another note - it is about time that Bachmann updated the product pages on this site - they do not reflect the changes in the 2009 Bachmann catalogue released in February let alone the NMRA convention announcements.

Hamish

vroc3349

Actually, it's listed right on this site.
Click on the SPECTRUM link above, select On30, select steam locos and it's the last item on page 4.

vroc3349

ebtnut

I'm more interested in what the listing doesn't say.  Is it simply a re-issue of the standard Mogul, or will it be DCC equipped?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

vroc3349

You can always put DCC and sound in it.
I want the C&S look.
vroc3349

railtwister

I would hope it will at least have the new pilot assembly with operating knuckle coupler installed. I also think an upgrade to DCC-Ready or DCC-Onboard for the Mogul is long overdue. I already have some older Moguls, but I just haven't gotten around to converting them to DCC (OK I'll admit I may be lazy, and want things to be easy, what's wrong with that?), so I doubt I'll be in the market for a new one unless it is DCC ready at the very least. Tsunami sound on board would be sweet!

Hamish K

Quote from: vroc3349 on August 05, 2009, 10:55:35 AM
Actually, it's listed right on this site.
Click on the SPECTRUM link above, select On30, select steam locos and it's the last item on page 4.

vroc3349

Yes I missed that. Funny, if you go through the Products button on the left of the screen C&S #21 does not appear, if you go through the Spectrum button it does. Time to tidy up the site I think.

On neither listing is there any mention of C&S #21 being DCC equipped, and this is shown in all listings for those locos with DCC.  So we must assume it does not have DCC.

People have been anticipating an updated 2-6-0 for just about as long as people have been anticipating a Heisler. Maybe they will arrive together!

Hamish

ebtnut

OK, I'll do the obvious thing.  Mr. Bach-Man - is this just a new paint job release with some new details, or is this going to be an up-dated Mogul with DCC, working pilot coupler, etc? 

Royce Wilson

It would be something if this engine arrived in the 1900 version, with a short smoke box,wood cab and a pancake stack....wow! :o

Royce Wilson

dave van

The 2-6-0 units are so plentiful and cheap you can modify them into whatever you want. Here is my freelanced loco back-dated some and a working front coupler added. My own decals.