News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

LS 1:20.3 Caboose Has Arrived!

Started by the Bach-man, August 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

Actually, the green shows to both sides and the front, red to the rear.  And on the Rio Grande, Santa Fe, and Pennsy, it wasn't green, it was yellow.  (some markers had a solid slide-up door on the side toward the car body as access to the burners, others had this panel with a lens on it.  I have such markers in my collection--and in the past have displayed them on the local steam train.  gj

Jon D. Miller

As Glenn points out lense color displayed varied by railroad.  The only constant seems to be red to the rear.

What is constant is that Rule 19 (Markers) in any  Railroad's Operating Rules establishes the color of lenses displayed in markers.

To be prototypically correct, for a period, you would have to have that railroad's Operating Rules, in force for the period being modeled,  and consult Rule 19.

As late as 1969 the C&O/B&O recognized that other railroad's markers would not necessarily be the same as those used on their railroad.  Under Rule 19 the C&O/B&O states, "Trains of other railroads may display markers as prescribed by that railroad when operating on C&O-B&O rails."

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

glennk28

I'll have to remember the"Rule 19" reference next friday when I get my 1938 Rio Grande rulebook back form the rinding repair.  That should be the auhority.   gl

mudhen

It's here, yes, yes, yes.
It made it to the big white north. Will pick it up Friday night or Saturday morning. I'm on spurs and ties. Will let you know how it looks on the tail end.
Thank God anticipation paid off.   

davidinno

I got my #505 last week, and it's a beautiful model.  Again, well done Bachmann.  The only problem I had was that one of the couplers got damaged in shipping.  The little wire loop which the uncoupling rod goes through was missing, so I pulled one off of one of the extra couplers supplied with the caboose and glued it onto the "normal" coupler.  Problem solved.

OK, now how about some stock cars?  (Numbered for the two sitting at Dulce right now, of course)

johntmayo

??? I've had my long caboose on order since last December from St. Aubin and I'm told that their shipment from Bachmann has not arrived yet.  From reading of all you lucky ones who have received yours already, I can't help but wonder why one of the biggest suppliers of garden railway equipment has not shipped anything out to those of us with longstanding orders.  Any one else experiencing this, or is it just me?  :'(

Desert Geezer

Steve Stockham

I received mine from Caboose Hobbies last Friday and WOW!! Whooee!! That is one impressive piece of modeling!! :o ;D I have the Rio Grande Moffat Road version and it really finishes off my train! From my Bachmann K-27 all the way to my Bachmann long caboose...life is good!! ;) :D

mudhen

Bachmann:
Wow, ;D
You out did yourselves again. ;) D
The long caboose is fantastic, better than I was expecting.  ;) :D ;D
Great job and well worth the wait.

glennk28

well--perhaps my dealer will get them soon???

Steve Stockham

Not only a "Home Run" but a GRAND SLAM!! ;D

mudhen

Decisions, decisions; ???
I now have to decided what era to do my caboose in.
To paint the ladders and grab rails, silver, white, or leave it as is. To paint or not to paint, that is now the question.  ;D

glennk28

I'm beginning to think that the supply of cabooses to St. Aubin's in Nevada was shipped by mule train from Philly.  They STILL don't have their shipment--other places are sold out--I even see them on eBay--I hear it's a nice model????  gj

mudhen

To glennk 28:
Maybe you should ask for a refund on your deposit and get it on E-Bay. The wait would be killing me.

glennk28

I might==big problem is tyhat the eBay seller od a;sdp om Ca;ogprmoa--wjovh means almpdt 10% extra tp Armoe amd cp,[amu fpr sales tax/  gj