On30 Pacific Coast Air Line Railway Website

Started by hminky, August 10, 2009, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

Ned

Harold:

Always a pleasure to visit your site and see your excellent work.

Ned

geezerjim

Harold,  You have a great site.  I have bookmarks to several of your articles that go back to my first interest in ON30.  Thank you for the effort and expertise that is required to maintain the site.

hminky

Don't book mark the articles print them to PDF with:

http://www.pdf995.com/

Then you will always have them

Harold

mabloodhound

Harold,
I tried to save some of your articles as PDF's but only the first page came out right, the next page had printing on top of printing and was not readable.
I used the pdf995 you suggested and also tried cutepdfwriter with the same problems.   I was attempting to save the "put a Sountraxx Tsunami in a Mogul".
I had saved many of your articles as PDFs from your previous website with no problems.   Could you check to see if there is a problem with the new website?
Thanks very much, I really enjoy your articles and wanted to save those that I missed last time.

Harold, please disregard this.   I found the problem.   I use Firefox as my browser which does not do the PDF conversion properly.   I just used IE 7 and it worked fine.   I now have the articles.   You just can't use Firefox!
Thanks
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

hminky

Firefox used to work but it has always has had problems with Adobe Reader. IE always works and the top and bottom margins need to be adjusted to .5.

the pages are 640x960 and "will" fit on letter size paper.

Harold

dave van

Thanks for the side by side of the two On30 4-4-0's! I have waited to see what they two look like before I buy the outside frame....the inside was way too small for my railroad. THANKS!