DCC Hybrid Drive Seminar at ECLSTS this weekend.

Started by StanAmes, March 26, 2007, 09:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanAmes

Lately there have been a lot of discussions on this forum on the use of DCC in Large Scale.

For those going to the ECLSTS this weekend in York PA, I will be presenting a seminar on Hybrid Drive to include operating a DCC locomotive with back up battery power:  using track power, using track signal or using Direct Radio Control.  The seminar will be from 6PM to 7PM on Friday evening.

A lot of the large scale manufacturers will be in attendance at the show including Bachmann.

I believe The Bachmann will also be there for the show.

Stan Ames

Tom Lapointe

Thanks for the "heads-up" on the seminar, Stan! :)  I'll especially try to get to this one since I'm already running DCC both indoors & on the garden railroad.   ;D                                                                                                        Tom

Steve Stockham

Stan,
  Could you try and get together with Jon Dekeles and get this seminar taped and put on LSOL? This would allow those of us that unfortunately can't make the ECLSTS to also partake! I don't know about anybody else but I would be extremely interested in that seminar and I'd hate to miss it!

StanAmes

Could you try and get together with Jon Dekeles and get this seminar taped and put on LSOL? This would allow those of us that unfortunately can't make the ECLSTS to also partake! I don't know about anybody else but I would be extremely interested in that seminar and I'd hate to miss it!
Steve

I have posted the power point slides from the seminar on the hybrid drive web site.

http://www.tttrains.com/dcc/hybriddrive/

There are now a variety of options.

DCC signal and power via track (traditional DCC)

DCC signal and power via track with on board backup power

low power DCC signal via track with on board power

DCC serial signal via radio with track power or on board power.

Stan Ames
Proud member of perhaps a different battery mafia :)