Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?

Started by 4x4WHEELDRIVE, August 13, 2009, 07:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4WHEELDRIVE

Has anyone on here know about Chuggington? It's a show that's similar to Thomas shown in the U.K. There are clips of the show on YouTube and I personally like it myself. And here's some Traintastic news: Playhouse Disney plans to air the show and Learning Curve is also coming out with Chuggington Toys in the spring of 2010. So far, it's become a hit in most European countries and Canada, but do you think it will do well in the U.S. ?   
-4x4WHEELDRIVE

shining time

you never know and welcome to the board :) :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

4x4WHEELDRIVE

Quote from: shining time on August 13, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
you never know and welcome to the board :) :)

Thanks for the welcome! :) I'm pretty sure it would be fine in America. I told one of my friends about this and he was happy, but concerned because of Disney connecting to all this. He said Disney is like HiT Entertainment times 10! 
-4x4WHEELDRIVE

jettrainfan

i saw it on youtube, not bad but not good, saddest line, "i polished it myself, *looks at the trophy* hey im looking good!*everyone laughs"

yes Disney is horrible:( look what happened to Micky mouse! :'(

P.S. nice to have you hear!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

StanierJack

It might well end up as much of a flop as Underground Ernie. I mean, Bachmann really did badly with that range.

Chuggington seems weird, it just doesn't look right IMO.

4x4WHEELDRIVE

Quote from: StanierJack on August 14, 2009, 10:23:22 AM
It might well end up as much of a flop as Underground Ernie. I mean, Bachmann really did badly with that range.

Chuggington seems weird, it just doesn't look right IMO.

The Bachmann Underground Ernie range wasn't that bad. The only one that looked weird was Jubilee.
-4x4WHEELDRIVE

PasqualeCS96

I Have seen Chuggington episodes and they are so stealing ideas from Thomas. One episode was about the red diesal and a elephant Sound familiar? Another about all the engines racing, sounds like they want to copy the classic episode when Thomas and Bertie race. All it needs now are twins and a narrator from a famous band and it will be almost exactly  like Thomas and Friends (But no very good, Chuggington I mean).

jettrainfan

or just get a comiden like George Carlin... lets say... Dane cook?  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

alex wittman

O, don't mention that no good, dirty rotten, embarrasment of a TV show on any website I look at, I hate that tv show sooooo much, little kids enjoy but to me it's just pointless, I'll be surprised if it is a big hit in the united states. Up with Thomas, no matter what  type it is. again I absolutely HATE that TV show. pointless is what I call It.

Anthony P2

and another point (well 3) is that some of the engines are made up and others are based off of real engines, w/ some major adjustments like: there is an A4 (such a copy off of spencer) WITH OUT A TENDER!!!! where does the coal and water go? another point is that they don't even travel on real railway tracks, they travel on ( what look like to me ) weird iron girders. and my last point is why is it called chuggington when most of the abominations are diesels?

alex wittman

Quote from: Anthony P2 on April 18, 2010, 08:47:06 PM
and another point (well 3) is that some of the engines are made up and others are based off of real engines, w/ some major adjustments like: there is an A4 (such a copy off of spencer) WITH OUT A TENDER!!!! where does the coal and water go? another point is that they don't even travel on real railway tracks, they travel on ( what look like to me ) weird iron girders. and my last point is why is it called chuggington when most of the abominations are diesels?

right there, thats what I absolutely hate about it, its just made up, stupid stuff like the track and the adjustments. I am glad someone sees what I mean. not exactly myself but to others who hate it too

DealAjani

Allow me to be a voice of reason here.

Chuggington is currently shown in the U.S. on Playhouse Disney. It is more for pre-schoolers than Thomas can or ever will be. There is no comparison between Thomas and Chuggington. It's like Underground Ernie. Simply another kid's show about trains trying to learn to work together.

And about the A4 with a bunker? Not so far fetched as you might think....

Built off the design of an A4, used during the Manchurian occupation. Credit goes to Nanaki on SiF for this.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Anthony P2 on April 18, 2010, 08:47:06 PM
That sounds like something Duck would say about diesals.

Anthony P2

Quote from: DealAjani on April 19, 2010, 06:18:14 AM
Allow me to be a voice of reason here.

Chuggington is currently shown in the U.S. on Playhouse Disney. It is more for pre-schoolers than Thomas can or ever will be. There is no comparison between Thomas and Chuggington. It's like Underground Ernie. Simply another kid's show about trains trying to learn to work together.

And about the A4 with a bunker? Not so far fetched as you might think....

Built off the design of an A4, used during the Manchurian occupation. Credit goes to Nanaki on SiF for this.

no this IS an A4 w/ out a tender i think it's name is Olwin. and another i have: the garbage engine also has glasses like whiff, yet another copy.

PasqualeCS96

Also I think that Red Diesal is the only red engine in the series, Like A certain engine who's name begins with J and has a number 5 on his tender.