Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?

Started by 4x4WHEELDRIVE, August 13, 2009, 07:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: jettrainfan on June 15, 2010, 07:34:51 PMHe means that Britt changed the plot/ added a twist. Its not like the book.
Pretty much this. HiT only has the show with low quality because Britt pioneered the betrayal of the Railway Series. Shining Time may be nostalgic, but it's pretty "kiddie" and "watered down" compared to a darker theme showed in Season 1 and 2 episodes.. And even when those were on STS, they felt watered down, I blame Carlins Narration and script modifications. Magic Railroad pretty much threw away every cent of "consistency" the show had left. Gullane/HiT only followed.

jettrainfan

looks like you had a bit of a backfire there sparks!  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Cheeky_ULP

Hoss

We all have our opinions. After all, were all different people

GWR14

only watch the clips for the 3d animation. 

that brings up a question ive wondered about. i havent seen any thomas episodes in over a year (i cant find it any more on pbs), and i remember seeing somebodys avatar a thomas clip...that was moving, like the face was moving. so really, my question is, have the episodes become animated now?

Cheeky_ULP

Yeah, but the plots are otherwise the same. It's just the same thing we've gotten for years.  :P

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on June 16, 2010, 03:19:47 PM
Yeah, but the plots are otherwise the same. It's just the same thing we've gotten for years.  :P
Well at least after 2004, everythign before 2004 was diffrent in the series.  ;)

RBMN #425 Fan

one thing i always notice is the ice-cream engine (Frostini), reminds me of the zephyr
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

thomasfreak5

yea i mean aint no way your gonna come up with a show about talking trains in the UK out of random....seriously!? chuggington is a rip off, i watch it yea, but maily for the animation
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

Cheeky_ULP

British Railway Series is a rip off too but nobody complained

:P

thomasfreak5

Quote from: Sparks on July 07, 2010, 10:45:20 PM

yea but aint that just a fanmade series on youtube?
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasfreak5 on July 07, 2010, 11:53:28 PM
Quote from: Sparks on July 07, 2010, 10:45:20 PM

yea but aint that just a fanmade series on youtube?
It is, but Simon is quite serious about the copyright, originality, etc. on it...