News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hi,I'm the new guy!

Started by The Great Destroyer, April 09, 2007, 06:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Destroyer

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the boards,new to the hobby.About as close as I got was the H/O scale sets I played with as a kid.I also collect vintage Transformers.I bought an old Tyco Transformer H/O set about a year ago and just saw the 4-8-4 J class recently and decided to give it a go.

I would of never thought I would be getting into a new hobby with the cost of my toy habit.I guess it was the awww feeling of the N&W #611 .I remembered the rush I felt going on board as a kid.It was one of the best memories of my life.I was scared to death when the initial blast of steam came out on take off.

If anyone could give me some pointers on cool products,compatability,and the differance between the modern 4-8-4 J and the classic.Also where to get the best deals on one.I'm running a 4-8-4 Northern temporarly.What is funny It calls for a 19'' radius and I run it wide open on 11.25 wityh no problems.

Anyway,Thanks for having me and sorry about the spelling!
                                                                     Respectfully,TGD
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

harryo

Welcome aboard.better late than never.

The Great Destroyer

Thanks,
I'm starting to feel welcome.People are helping me with N scale Q's and being friendly.I think I will like it here.If any one has any Transformer,Gundam,Berserk,Star Wars,Dragon Ball Z,or painting Q's feel free to ask.
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."