News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Peter Witt Trolleys

Started by John Knapp, April 19, 2009, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Knapp

These new trolleys look great! I hope you can add realistic names on the front destination boards. I will be buying the Brooklyn trolley and I hope you can have Ebbets Field as a destination since Ebbets was there for just about the entire lifetime of the trolley era in Brooklyn.

Thank you and Good Luck with this great new product!

John Knapp

j2morris

If this is going to be as nice as your HO version, please consider offering this car with Scale wheels for the 2 rail and 3 rail scale segment of the hobby.  As this is a new product, hopefully you can follow Atlas O and MTH's lead on this be offering scale versions.

Thanks

JJ

DominicMazoch

Say, can WBB get the tolling from bowsers for theit LRT's.  That too would be a great addition!

Frisco

These are great looking cars, and I plan on getting atleast one. Do you the retail price yet?

On The Water

Quote from: John Knapp on April 19, 2009, 09:15:45 PM
  These new trolleys look great! I hope you can add realistic names on the front destination boards. I will be buying the Brooklyn trolley and I hope you can have Ebbets Field as a destination since Ebbets was there for just about the entire lifetime of the trolley era in Brooklyn.

Thank you and Good Luck with this great new product!

John Knapp

I wouldn't worry about the rollsign. Unfortunately,  someone at Bachmann made the inexplicable decision to make the unusual Baltimore version of the Peter Witt design. If you want a Brooklyn car or that of any other city, you'll have to change the entire front of the car.  As a resident of a city that had "normal" Peter Witts, I know several modelers who were planning to buy this car (some wanted several) that were HUGELY disappointed when the pictures were released. NO SALES HERE.

zwbob

Whats the tightest curve these street cars can handle? I'm planning on putting in a streetcar line using k-line superstreets. The curves make a  16 or 21 inch circle.

OGReditor

I think we'll probably have to wait for the cars to come out before we can really estimate the minimum curves they may handle.  That's particularly the case with SuperStreets, which I like very much (and I am persistently urging them to offer a wider-radius curve).  I have SuperStreets curves in both the 16 and 21 inch varieties, and have found that it's a bit of a crap shoot determining which of the various O gauge trolley will or will not negotiate those curves smoothly.  A Birney of one make may work fine while a similar Briney of another brand will hesitate on the curves.

As a big-time trolley fan and have Brills, Birneys, and PCCs from just about all the O gauge manufacturers that offer these products.  I'll also be getting several Peter Witt cars when they appear and am very much looking forward to them, as are many other trolley enthusiasts I know.

I saw and examined the Bachmann pre-production prototype of the model at the last TCA Eastern Div. York Meet, and I can assure all that if the production model matches that one,  it's well worth waiting for.

Allan

CandO

Allan-
I saw some of your trolleys in the current issue of OGR. You have a nice collection.

OGReditor

Thanks, CandO!  I'm a big fan of trolleys and am trying to find some space to add a trolley line to my O current gauge pike.  The photo in the magazine only showed part of my collection, but that's only because I need another display case, or a significantly larger one, to house the rest of them.  And, of course, I'll also be getting several of those Peter Witt cars once they hit the streets.  The pre-production prototype that I saw at the TCA Eastern Division York Meet in April looked great.