News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

V-Dump parts or diagrams?

Started by Dannyboy, September 09, 2009, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyboy

I recently bought 2 3-packs of On30 V-Dump cars. There only seems to be one "bracket/arm" holding the cast dump body to the chassis and it won't attach without falling out. Is this intentional? I rec'd a note from Mr Riley stating that these are prototype cars, but I'm confused as to how they are supposed to dump prototypically with only one "bracket/arm" holding the dump body in place.

I don't see any diagrams or close-up drawings on the website...can I buy extra brackets or parts for these? Anyone able to help clear this up for me?

NarrowMinded

Mine also came the same way, I think what they mean by prototypical is that they dump as apposed to being fixed, the wood oar cars do however dump like the prototypes opening and closing the side doors. I will be interested to see others comments here about the V dumps

NM

Dannyboy

I'm hoping that the Bach Man joins this discussion to shed some light on our questions. I'm still interested in buying parts for it so that I can match the hardware on both sides of the "bucket". In the mean time, I'm exploring ways to modify them to add range of motion and perhaps spring activation from a lever.  I will certainly start on the conservative side by simply modifying the mechanism to stay in the cradle and limit the travel of the "bucket". I'll report back.