News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Updated Bachmann SP GS-4 question

Started by RailfanPaul, April 10, 2007, 12:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailfanPaul

I was looking at some pictures of the updated Bachmann SP GS-4 loco with DCC. Can anyone tell me if the model has new driver wheels? They look larger and more scale like to me than the drivers that were on the previous GS-4. It also looks like it has brake detail. I am new to this forum, and any info on the new Bachmann GS-4  would be great. Thank you.

rallygsc

Hello Railfan Paul

the Spectrum version is a retooled version of the GS-4, see the Plus versions had a better motor installed, the crappy pancake motor was finally taken out.

the newer issues have correct drivers, and the bodies have more details here and there.

some engines like the Niagra and the SF Northern still lack some of the better details, but they are still good locos.

take care
George

RAM

I didn't think the GS-4 was a Spectrum version. 

RailfanPaul

The updated SP GS-4 is not a Spectrum, it is still in the Standard line. Does anyone here have one of these? I am interested in how it runs, and if it has new drivers. The wheel do look different to me.

RailfanPaul

Still trying to find out if the updated Bachmann GS-4 has new drivers. I am having no luck. There is not much about this model on the net.  :-[

RailfanPaul

Can someone tell me if the updated GS-4 with DCC can run on regular DC? Thanks

kevin2083

Quote from: RailfanPaul on April 13, 2007, 10:35:41 PM
Can someone tell me if the updated GS-4 with DCC can run on regular DC?

it should be able to- seems like all the other bachmann dcc locos do. It is a really nice feature.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Amtrak_Titan

The Southern Pacific Daylight DCC locomotive has more detail than the old Standard Line Bachmann Daylight for example the old Daylight does not have a moving Knuckle Couple on the DCC Daylight locomotive it has a moving Knuckle Coupler.

Hoople

Also, the drivers now have stars on them, the number boards say 4449 not 99, and theres now a DCC decoder, and holes for sound, and all wheel pick up I believe. I want a new one, but I already have an old one.

Grr.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

RailfanPaul

Bach-mann, can you please tell me when the Freedom Train version of the upgraded GS-4 will be out? Thanks. ;D

Dr EMD

BTW, both Athearn and BLI will have the DL passenger cars.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

the Bach-man

Dear Paul,
We expect them at the end of the summer.
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

finderskeepers

Still have yet to see anyone post anything about the running qualities of the newest version. The Plus versions didn't run badly, but they wouldn't pull much even on level ground. Are the new SP daylight and Santa Fe 4-8-4's any better pullers?

RailfanPaul

Thanks Bach-man, I look forward to getting the Freedom Train version of the GS-4 at the end of the summer. Do you have any pictures of the model yet that we could see? Thanks ;D