News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum SY 2-8-2 and Vanderbilt tender

Started by Steam is King, September 15, 2009, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam is King

Hey Y'all,

Just like the title says...Can you use the medium Vanderbilt with the SY? I'd love to do it!

Thanks,

Manny

simkon

Yes, but you may need to switch the wiring in the tender so everything lines up correctly.

Steam is King

Thank you. I appreciate your comments. Has anyone actually done it? I know that there are issues with Bachmann tenders not having the correct plug and plays. Is the SY actually one of them?

Frisco

I was going to, the SY uses a very different drawbar then most Bachmann Spectrum locomotives (and hence tenders) it reminds me of the one they use on Standard line steamers. Of coarse you'll need to swap the circuit boards, but the drawbar would be the hardest part, you'd probally have to fabricate a new one. If you want I could get pictures of it for you. I finally gave up on it, so I'm just going to try to sell it, and get one of those lovely ones from BLI.

Steam is King

Quote from: Frisco on September 16, 2009, 11:31:26 AM
I was going to, the SY uses a very different drawbar then most Bachmann Spectrum locomotives (and hence tenders) it reminds me of the one they use on Standard line steamers. Of coarse you'll need to swap the circuit boards, but the drawbar would be the hardest part, you'd probally have to fabricate a new one. If you want I could get pictures of it for you. I finally gave up on it, so I'm just going to try to sell it, and get one of those lovely ones from BLI.

Yes, please do. I really love the SY as a small to medium Mikado. I'm trying to Americanize it as best I can. Adding a Vanderbilt would work nicely. I love Bachmann Spectrum Steamers, but I do not understand why they make things so user unfriendly surrounding their products. I would have figured they would have made everything plug and play. A lil work never hurt anyone. I'll continue to buy their products. I love the work they do.