News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectum Consolidation wheel binding

Started by Bushcreature, September 11, 2009, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bushcreature

G'day all, I have a Spectrum Baldwin Consolidation that has binding axles I think due to miss alignment of the crank pins. It has 2 tight spots in every full rotation and locks up and stops  going forward and just jerks and wobbles through the tight spots in reverse. I have adjusted the crank angle slightly on the rear set as this seems to be the problem area but this seems to make one spot tighter and the other slightly better.
Anyone have some ideas?
Also is there available a replacement final drive gear for these locos?
Thanks.

hawaiiho

I had a 2-8-0 Consolidation that began binding just slightly now and then.
Finally, it just stopped. When I picked it up, I saw that the forward rod on one side had completely separated at one end.

My suggestion, barring any better idea offered, would be to Contact Bachmann Service and send it back for repair or replacement.

the Bach-man

Bushcreature

Thanks! I have sent a message to the service dept' but will have to wait till Monday night for a reply as I am in Australia and there is a considerable time difference. My location also makes it problematic in returning items for repair as things can go missing in the post particularly over longer distances.

Bushcreature

One week later and still no response from the service department????? :(   

simkon

Did you call them? Because that's probably the way to get the quickest response.