Awesome Trains For The Money

Started by Cobrabob8, September 21, 2009, 10:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrabob8

Three of the last four locomotives which I have purchased are by Williams and I think that their product is an awesome deal for the money I spent. They all have run flawlessly thus far and the paint jobs are impeccable! Thank You Wiliams By Bachmann for the great products! Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

Jerry williams/WBB engines run like that old Timex watches and that pink bunny.  Thanks.

Last Sat, I was running at a train show a Lionel 726, A W SD90 and EF4.  All were alternated.  All ran cool!

Bill Mutch

I also like the QUALITY! My first bought engine when I got back into the hobby was a SD-90 NS. Loved it! Then I got lured into the other brands. BIG MISTAKE! I don't like to put batteries in electric trains and now board issues. WBB always run are easy to work on if there is a problem (light bulb, coupler ). I haven't even had a traction tire problem yet! I'm back to stay! Got 11 engines and still growing!

Cobrabob8

I just recently purchased my fourth Williams loco, a Pennsy Hudson. It is a very nice piece and a great runner. Thanks WBB !!
Cobrabob. ;D

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

I'm not on the inside, but from my outside vantage point I would say that

Bachmann's purchase of Williams was one of the best business decisions ever made.

(A quality line to fill a popular scale missing from the catalog.)

Hope all parties involved benefited.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

OGReditor

"Bachmann's purchase of Williams was one of the best business decisions ever made."

It definitely was a good move on their part, no question about that!  They bought a nice line and they are working to make it even nicer.

DominicMazoch

Runners, at price points I can afford!   I think even a child can save up lawn mowing money to buy this stuff!

Cobrabob8

Or an adult 52 year old male with four kids at home and one in college can still afford to buy nice trains at a reasonable price!  ;D

phillyreading

I have about 12 Williams engines :)( three GP-9's, four SD-45's, six F-7's[four A units and two B units]) and would not trade them for other brands. Williams have great features for the money, ok so you don't have cruise control or able to uncouple an engine any where you want, in my opion it is just something else to go wrong.
I have noticed that in the new catalog for Williams, there are sets that come with both track & transformer, that was something I was hoping that Williams would have done before being sold to Bachmann, and I think that it is a great idea to sell more train sets.
Something that I noticed in the most recent issue of Classic Toy Trains is that the Williams set is selling for almost half the price of their compitition. ;D
Also some people on  here may know me from the CTT forum site.

Lee F.

NSthoroughbred

Williams by Bachmann products are the best value in the O gauge market.  The reliability and quality of appearance,  paint schemes is exceptional.  Most all of my O gauge purchases in recent years has been Williams.

This year I have added F3's in Wabash & a set in Penn Central.  EP-5 in New Haven.   Scale Hudson in B&O.    On order currently a set of E7's in B&O.

Next up will be a Peter Witt streetcar.   

I always feel that I got my money's worth out of a Williams loco.  They are a great way to expand you collection with more variety and less budget.  Furthermore, no worries, as they are reliable.

phillyreading

Quote from: phillyreading on November 03, 2009, 02:38:31 PM
I have about 12 Williams engines :)( three GP-9's, four SD-45's, six F-7's[four A units and two B units]) and would not trade them for other brands. Williams have great features for the money, ok so you don't have cruise control or able to uncouple an engine any where you want, in my opion it is just something else to go wrong. Most of my Williams engines will out perform brand L in pulling power.
I have noticed that in the new catalog for Williams, there are sets that come with both track & transformer, that was something I was hoping that Williams would have done before being sold to Bachmann, and I think that it is a great idea to sell more train sets.
Something that I noticed in the most recent issue of Classic Toy Trains is that the Williams set is selling for almost half the price of their compitition. ;D
Also some people on  here may know me from the CTT forum site.

Lee F.

ripley manor

I have fourteen williams/wbb units. also eight Bachmann 'oo' scale british outline locos. all run great. any chance of wbb puting a british outline diesel body on a wbb chassis?  that combo would blow lionel and mth out of the water!