News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC Switch Repair

Started by lwmlwm44, September 25, 2009, 07:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwmlwm44

I have quite a few Bachmann DCC switches...........6 crossover switches and 6 regular ones.    I recently had problems with one of the crossover switches and to no luck found out there is no one in the area that will repair them.................which I kind of figured out to begin with but thought I would try.   

I contacted Bachmann Service to see what I needed to doto send it back for repair and to my surprise they told me they don't repair their switches and my best bet would be to buy a new one.

It seems odd they don't repair switches ...........the crossovers are not that cheap.   Then again it seems we live more and more in a disposable society which is a shame.

Not being very mechanically minded I doubt if I can fix it.............was wondering if anyone out there knows of anyone who repairs Bachmann other than Backmann.    From what I have heard from my local hobby shops it is impossible to get any type of repair parts from Bachmann to begin with.

Larry

Robertj668

Larry
I had many problems with my DCC Switches my crossovers and my  44131 44130 44137 & 44138.

Here is the link

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,10159.0.html

I got some great advice and with a few other mods to the steam my derailments are almost non existant.

I hope this works .Good Luck.

Robert

lwmlwm44

Thanks Robert for the link.............am going to print and keep it for future reference.

Larry

budlidman

I recently bought a right and left dcc crossovers.  The first right unit refused to work on one side.  Replacement unit has same problem!

Randy