News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann "Lifetime Warranty" and DD40AX ?!?!

Started by CNW4ever, October 06, 2009, 04:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC

I think they said that it would be replaced with some other diesel but not a DD40.

rdxpress

James in Fl,
       YOU had no right to say anything about my parents, or the how I was raised I don't believe you even have a dog in this race and you must not have read my response to Bach man. Its CNW4ever that was having the problem and caught my attention.
   Perhaps I should not have said "Class action as humor and satire to not translate well on computers However I would still expect Bachmann to stand behind their products, wether I bought it 6months ago or 15 yrs ago I am with CNW and would still like to know what he has been told at these places he attended.
      JAMES, in the imortal words of Happy Days...Sit on It!!!!

jwoj69

Quote from: CNW4ever on October 06, 2009, 04:53:16 PM
Bach-Man

I like many others have a bunch of the original DD40AX engines released under the Bachmann name as well as subsequent PLUS and SPECTRUM runs.  Every one of my Spectrum and Plus engines have the infamous cracked gears making them useless unless I cannibalize several to make a few work.  Some of the original Bachmann release DD40's I have suffer from engines that are pretty much fried.
A few years back I contacted Bachmann Parts about the cracked gears and was told that they do not have any replacement gears, however a "replacement" engine could be traded to me. Too bad a replacement is a GP-40 or whatever is in stock.
Now the new DD40 is released (a suitable replacement) and i was told by customer service that they cannot offer any trade in for the old units.
I understand the new units are much nicer, but YOU NEED TO STAND BEHIND YOUR WARRANTY! It is not my fault you produced faulty gears and I have several engines that wont run!  I should not have to take a GP-40 for a replacement when a DD40 is finally READILY AVAILABLE!

Please do something to remedy this situation!
The customer service manager said her hands were tied and she was told by higher-ups that this is the policy.   >:(
I wonder if new DD40 has the same part number as the old one. So far all new Sectrum diesels have the same part number as older versions (bad idea, eapecially when You buyiing online). Is yes You have a very good case.
jack

alhoop

Quote from: rdxpress on December 17, 2009, 02:35:40 AM
   James in Fl,
       YOU had no right to say anything about my parents, or the how I was raised I don't believe you even have a dog in this race..............

Perhaps I should not have said "Class action as humor and satire to not translate well on computers.....................................
      JAMES, in the imortal words of Happy Days...Sit on It!!!!

We all have a dog in this race if Bachmann gives in to those trying to rip them off. It will raise the cost of their products to us honest folks.

Class action sure sounded like a threat to me.

'Sit on it' is sure a nice comeback.

Al

hobo1

alister

Sigh......... The fix for the cracked gears is to use Bachmann's F9 wheelsets. This has been a remedy for the last 5 -6 years. You can order the F9 trucks from the online parts shop $6.00 for a truck.  ;)