News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Suggestions for new products

Started by Alex Butner, October 08, 2009, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Butner

Hey Mr. Bach-man, can you please ask Bachmann if they could make an On30 scale version of their G scale open trolley? Also, why not a two-truck heisler and a On30 version of the G-scale 4-4-0 with a balloon stack and box headlamp. I would like to thank you and I would be very happy to see these trains in On30 scale. Thank you Mr. Bach-man.

the Bach-man

Dear Alex,
I will indeed pass along your requests.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Alex Butner

Thanks, Bach-man.
(Sorry I misspelled your name)

Royce Wilson

How about a Mason bogie and a RGS plow flanger 02.

Royce Wilson

El Loco

Rolling stock... We have lots of choices of loco's but lacking in revenue makers!

SRRL Maine

Why not more small locomotives?
The new loco's coming out since the 2-8-0 are beautiful and super in detail and operating like a charm. For the modelers like me with limited space  it would be great to have more engines like the porter. There is a gamut of small locomotive prototypes out there. My favorite would be another but smaller Forney type like WWF 9. Same configuration ran also in th bayous in Louisiana and elese where. But I think even a "forgein" type loki like the ones from Krauss, Germany would be nice to have for a mining type layout.
(Boothbay Museum in Maine has some German 2 ft locos)
For ever hoping for a small Forney!!!!
SRRL Maine :o

railtwister

While new products can certainly generate a lot of buzz on this group (and others), I would personally prefer to see some better parts support for existing models, especially for items like upgraded gear sets to replace broken ones on locos like the Shay, the Climax, and the Rail Truck. I would happily purchase these parts to repair my out of service locos, but they would need to be better quality than what came on the locos in the first place!

Also, even though I really can't use one, and don't particularly want one, I'd be happy to see a Heisler released, just so I wouldn't have to continue to see all the posts from the guys who say they want one!

I would also like to see Bachmann upgrade the 2-6-0 to include tender pickup and either DCC ready, DCC installed or DCC with sound. Same goes for both of the Porters. More than anything else, these legacy locos are what started Bachmann's chapter in On30 history.

Regards,
Bill

El Loco

I have a strong hunch that NWSL will sooner or later come out with the gear upgrade for the 0n30 versions as they already have for the HO version s with the  exact same issue.
I am very surprised none else has agreed with the rolling stock comment.  :-Oh well ... I digress

Ken

I to would like to see more rolling stock then yet another engine.
   Steel ore cars and some  scale cars based on 2&1/2 ft cars.

Ken

El Loco

Perhaps something along this line :)
In Chama on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, UTLX narrow frame tank car #12739.
http://drgw.free.fr/DRGW/Freight/Tankcar/CTS-02-246_en.htm

max (uk)

Despite the amount of kits available, I think some logging disconnects would be a big hit with the amount of logging layouts there are out there. I would buy some even though they are not that correct for my line in the east, but it adds some variety. Depending on costs, they could come in packs of 2, 4 or 6.

It would be nice to see them with loads as well. My local clubs On30 layout has a pair with a load between them that has poles coming out the bottom at each end, these slot into the disconnects through small holes in the middle. This makes a reliable pivot so the disconnects can swing like they did in real life.

I think another item of rolling stock that would be a no brain-er would be the flat car with a log skidder and crates. If the HO and Large scale guys get one, why cant we? Because you make this model in these two scales I really hope an On30 one is in development already.

Loco wise, I can say HEISLER all I want and know you've heard me before. I really do hope Bachmann get round to making a west side one or similar for us all and hasn't been scared out of geared locos forever with the problems of the Shay and Climax.

Rod engine wise, I would really like to see a tank or saddle tank engine, as its something Bachmann has never made before besides the porters (which I dont count as they arn't even DCC ready!), so there are lots to choose from.

Personally I think something like this would be great for logging and mining layouts everywhere:

I hope you read my thoughts and think they are worth making. :)

tfman

I would love to see an On30 gandy dancer set even a Christmas version...

Dusten Barefoot

Looks like Im not the only trainzer around here lol.
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

El Loco

Metal crown gears for the Shay & Climax!!!!! >:(

C.S.R.R. Manager

Just saw the new 1:48 figures.  Great idea.  Some additional figures from the 1900-1930 period would fit better with On30 trains, esp. some sitting passengers.

Manager