News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trouble with 2-10-0

Started by LarrySmith, April 13, 2007, 02:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarrySmith

I just today received 2 - 2-10-0 engines #81706 & #81708 and I have problems with them.  The first one runs well for a few feet and then stalls, and the head light goes out.  Pushing the unit several inches restarts the engine and it will run another several feet and stall again.  It acts as if something is not making contact.

The second unit is completely dead - no lights, no movement and no motor attempts to run.  It is as if there is no power to the tracks.

The tracks are clean and my other units, Spectrum 4-8-2, 2-6-0, 2-6-2 and all my diesels run just fine.  The two new 2-10-0's may have the same problem with one intermitant and the second never connected.  I am asking for your opinion before I return them to the seller.  If there is a bad connection I can fix it would save everyone time and money.  The units look beautiful and I want to make them run.  Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Than you,
Larry Smith

morrisf

Larry,

This topic is thoroughly covered in previous posts listed under the heading "The spectrum Decapods"

You can fix the problem yourself if you have a bit of modeling skills. See my instructions for how to do same under the above heading.

Regards,
Morris

GN.2-6-8-0

Just today noticed that on the Micromark website the 2-10-0 Russian Decapods are listed as no longer available from the manufacturer.
Lets hope that means they've been recalled to find out what the problem is with these units......and that they will get them fixed.
Plan on calling Bridget later today with hopes of more information.
Rocky Lives

Bachmann Industries, Inc.

We are aware of reports of a few 2-10-0 Decapods experiencing intermittent short circuits and are working to resolve the issue. If you suspect that you're having this type of problem, please contact our service department for assistance.

Best regards,
Bachmann Industries, Inc.