News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Detail parts

Started by Bill Baker, October 13, 2009, 09:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Baker

I've got a house with a front porch that is screaming to have a screened porch.  I really don't know where to search for "screen" in HO scale.  If anyone knows of a manufacturer or a substitute product that would pass for screen, I would appreciate some information on it.

Secondly, I'm looking for a tender dog house around the 1940 era to go on my Bachmann 2-8-2 SY.  I've checked Walther's, e-bay and Cal Scale and haven't found one suitable. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
Bill

rich1998

did you see the below one.
http://tinyurl.com/ygnpq67

precision scale use to have another one 32515 part number. a n&w dog house. call them. i do that some times. http://www.precisionscaleco.com/
click on aboutpsc. i oder direct sometimes
lex

mrcrrtech

for screening, you can go to a craft type store, [a.c. moore, ragshop] and buy wedding veil material, sometimes called "tule". you can also use tight mesh window screening for your local hardware store. if you are a real nitpicker when it comes to the actual HO spacing of the screen material, you can make a decal of the screen on clear decal paper, and apply it to a clear piece of window glazing, then attach the decaled glazing to the screened in porch
Frank Verrico
Product Manager/Tech Support
Model Rectifier Corp.
rrtech@modelrectifier.com

rich1998

for screen, take a look at coffee filters. might work
lex

meguell3

Why are you guys coming up with makeshift ideas when precision craft makes the perfect screen type and size?
http://www.precisionscaleco.com/
Go to Misc. then go to screen..

rich1998

Quote from: meguell3 on October 13, 2009, 11:48:59 AM
Why are you guys coming up with makeshift ideas when precision craft makes the perfect screen type and size?
http://www.precisionscaleco.com/
Go to Misc. then go to screen..

because walther's did not have it is why i did not mention psc. you would have to call psc for availability. i have to do that sometimes. psc does not always have what they advertise. Sometimes they do and walthers does not, though you will usually see  it listed in walthers, just not in stock. i have their psc paper catalogs.
lex

ebtnut

Best material I've found to represent screening in HO is silk screen material.  You should be able to find this at a good crafts supply store.  Or if you know someone who does custum T-shirts, they can probably give you scrap piece. ;)

Bill Baker

Maguell,

You hit the nail on the head.  Thanks for the website. I checked it earlier, but did not go deep enough.

Bill
Bill

meguell3

Quote from: Bill Baker on October 13, 2009, 09:08:25 AM
I've got a house with a front porch that is screaming to have a screened porch.  I really don't know where to search for "screen" in HO scale.  If anyone knows of a manufacturer or a substitute product that would pass for screen, I would appreciate some information on it.

Secondly, I'm looking for a tender dog house around the 1940 era to go on my Bachmann 2-8-2 SY.  I've checked Walther's, e-bay and Cal Scale and haven't found one suitable. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
And as for that dog house may I reccomend purchasing and kitbashing a N&W freight tender?

rich1998

doghouse.

greenway brass has one but it is $20. it does not look n&w.
http://greenwaybrass.com/s_87_parts.shtml
if psc has the n&w doghouse #32515 in stock, it is $5.25 but you have to solder it togeter. it is brass. call them.
lex

rich1998

Quote from: Bill Baker on October 13, 2009, 09:08:25 AM

Thanks, Bill

hello bill

i contacted psc about those parts. here is what they tlod me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is part number 32515, n&w doghouse in stock? thanks.

Yes, $5.50 each, Thank you.

do you have any screen in stock?

Silver screen......
48384  28 opening per linear inch
       .008" x 2-7/16" x 5" sheet         $8.25 ea.

48385  34 opening per linear inch
       .005" x 1-15/16" x 3-11/16" sheet  $6.25 ea.

48386  56 opening per linear inch
       .003" x 1-7/16" x 3-1/4" sheet     $6.25 ea

We also have in stock brass screen, please let us know if that is of
interest. Thank you,
                    Mike
------------------------------

i would also buy there parts catalog. a lot of good info parts.
lex

Woody Elmore

Bowser may still have the PRR tender dog house in stock. They have discontinued the line but parts will be available for a while.