News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho scale

Started by strato29, October 25, 2009, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strato29

I have recently been given a bachmann item #0646 usra 0-6-0 with smoke and tender Santa FE. I am trying to find out when it was made? The box has made in HONG KONG. I would appriate any help. Thank you

SteamGene

Please describe the box - shape, color, markings, and material.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Paul M.

Of course, a picture of the box would be great.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Jim Banner

Was that one with a pancake (flat) motor?  If so, that would put it in the 80's.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jbsmith

well obviously it is old if it says Hong Kong.
a few years ago England gave Hong Kong back to China which is why
EVERYTHING seems to be made in China these days.

Jim Banner

Let's see now.  Britain's lease on Hong Kong expired in 1997 which was 12 years ago.  Based on jbsmith considering things pre 1997 as old, I would guess that he himself is less than 25.  Many of us old geezers would consider anything only 12 years old as relatively new.  Just idle speculation.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jbsmith

Quote from: Jim Banner on October 27, 2009, 02:31:35 PM
Let's see now.  Britain's lease on Hong Kong expired in 1997 which was 12 years ago.  Based on jbsmith considering things pre 1997 as old, I would guess that he himself is less than 25.  Many of us old geezers would consider anything only 12 years old as relatively new.  Just idle speculation.

Jim

Hi Jim!
I am 43, same age as the Super Bowl.

SteamGene

Actually, Hong Kong Island belonged to Britian.  The lease was for Kowloon and the New Territories.  China said it wasn't going to renew the lease.  Without Kowloon and the New Territories, Hong Kong Island was dead in the water, so Her Majesty gave up her rights to the Crown Colony. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"