News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

uncoupler

Started by 1ephesians2, October 27, 2009, 10:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ephesians2

What is the best uncoupler system for HO scale?

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: 1ephesians2 on October 27, 2009, 10:54:26 AM
What is the best uncoupler system for HO scale?

I'm surprised nobody has answered this question. I expect most people would turn the question on its head, so to speak, and say that the best coupler system, or coupling systerm, is magnetic knuckle couplers, which can be uncoupled automatically.

Almost all my rolling stock is quite old and still has "horn-hook" couplers, so I'll leave to others to discuss the merits of different brands of knuckle couplers.

ebtbob

This question was answed under the General Discussion board.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Answed?    Duh!   I meant answered.......
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

lmackattack

Kadee metal couplers with magnets under the tracks/cars.

here is a vid ow what it can do..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjAPWgCILmM

Jim Banner

I learned two things from your video.  One was that your handle is Lmacattack.  I had long been wondering what you had against IMACS that you were always attacking them.

Secondly, at least part of your secret for the great performance of both your locomotive and your couplers was the clean track.  Did you see the reflection of the headlight on the tank car flickering on and off?  No?  Neither did I.

Well done.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

lmackattack

:D

Jim

Yes the handel is "L" Mackattack. no ill regards to the Imacks LOL...
sence you brought it up the "L" refers to a model of a Mack Truck I own. "RS700L" built in the 1970's if you go back to the youtube you will see the vid of it sled pulling.

the track work is pretty good for the most part. I still need to put jumper wires around some of the switches to help the power flow.. I run a track cleaning car just about once a week, and it helps, regarding the couplers, I do like the Kadee. the most important thing I have found with them is to make sure the coupler can move freely left to right yet still center themselves. if they cant do that the cars will never woirk right over the magnets. Also the plastic couplers with spring do not work as well as the springs seam to strong? I do have to adjust cars every now and then. its just part of the hobby..