News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bass Pro Shops Set #90075

Started by Loco Bill, October 29, 2009, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill

Thanks to Davido we now know that there is at least one new set this year.  It is the Limited Run Christmas themed Bass Pro Shops set 90075.  Price $199.00

here is a link to the Bass Pro item:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10204403____SearchResults

See my post starting with "Dare I Ask " for additional info.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Loco Bill

Forgot to ask:  If anyone gets actual photos of the set, I would appreciate copies in the  highest resolution possible.   If published or used in any way it would be with full photo credit to you.   Thanks

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

jsmvmd

Dear Bill, et al,

Any chance this is the same Annie that retails in the mid-to-low $190's ?  If so, what a deal !  I need to get another Annie for a battery project, and "extree" cars and track would be a bonus !  P.S.  The NRA needs help. Check out their website.

Best Wishes,

Jack

doug c

Loco Bills' original "dare i ask . . ." 

quicker via this link than searching pages for it  ;)

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,10606.0.html

Hopefully in next couple wks i can get out to chk the local BPS outlet for in stock or not   Maybe be allowed to take pics ??  Although they might be like some of your u.s. based railways are to railfans !?

we'll see . . nite,
doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Loco Bill

Jack,

If the photos are correct, the locomotive in the set is NOT an Annie, But s a version 5 Big Hauler 4-6-0.  The photo shows the plastic Walshearts valve gear.  It is important to get actual photos to verify the contents.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

doug c

Made it out to the regional BPS  today.   Thought I had taken pics of this yrs model but  silvery blue 4-6-0 seems to be last yrs model.

I thought I had the correct one as I was told by one of the xmas set-up clerks that there was a couple piles of train sets but they were filed away somewheres.  Then a sub'manager popped up while i was taking pics who offered to search the sys for availability and price. 

Geeez $250cdn   25% mark up from reported us outlet and online pricing !  that is what happens when product comes up across the border vs coming in thru a Cdn west coast port-of-entry  get slapped with brokerage fees which they have ot pass onto the consumer.   He said they had 8 units would I like one  . .  I had already choked so I said no not at that price maybe someone else might ! 

I thought I had snapped pics of this yrs model since the engine still had the paper tag hooked onto the front boiler number plate.  But it was not green/white/red rolling stock as seen online.   But was a set  with a yellow boxcar and red caboose  . . . . last yrs model  is being used as part of their Xmas wonderland display.     http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/103300/reviews.htm
It was funny who had ever unloaded the set did not know much about trains, tender was like the second last car  so I coached the clerk into moving it behind the engine  . . . .  I'll be surprised to see it running if I ever pop out there again.

If no one else can take pics of the new set within a couple wks I'll try to justify  gas money to visit the shop again as they should have the new ones displayed by then !

$250cdn geeeez  LOL  !   

doug c

jsmvmd

Dear Bill,

As always, thanks a million !

Will keep my eyes peeled for an Indy, one of my all time favorites !

Hope all you Missouri mules are doing well.  We Pennsyltuckians are getting ready for Christmas !

Best Wishes

Jack

Loco Bill

Doug, Joe,

I tried to post a picture of last years BPS set last night but got a message that the site upload folder was full, so couldn't.   Just arrived at my grand kids home in texas so won't  be home til next MOn, and I may try again.  I would love to know how many set were made of last years set.   I suspect it will be low, but the cars are definitely uniquely decorated.   I have never seen them on Ebay, so suspect they may be hard to come by in the  future.   

I think Wade Colyer may have last years set! 
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

doug c

This is the (freshly unpacked) engine that was going to be used within the BPS Xmas display for this yr.

BUT as i subsequently fd. out, obviously not this yrs  but last years  . . .
http://answers.basspro.com/answers/2010/product/103300/questions.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

NarrowMinded

Is that smoke stack missing a part? or did they repalce it with a funnel?

NM

tlnibert

I have several Christmas Sets from Sam's Club, I'll pass on any engine without the metal drive rods.
I've been looks at Sam's wishing......
I would think that Bachmann would stop making the plastic rods.
Tom

Loco Bill

NM,
It is missing the top part.  The picture is from last years set.   Bass pro doesn't know anything about trains.  Last year I went to the one in ST. Louis.  They did not have the top on their display set either.  I showed them where to find it in the box!!  They too did not know that the tender went behind the engine.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

NarrowMinded

Wow, you would think they would at least look at the picture on the box. but then if it isn't a video game most of this current generation of box boys... or "sales associates" as they call themselves  are lost, isn't it funny that the less common sense a person has the fancier their title, still a decent train for the price I think.

NM

Loco Bill

NM Definitely a decent price.   I liked last year's set better because It was NOT a Christmas themed set.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Loco Bill

Got a look at the set at the St. Louis Bass Pro Shops Store.  The Loco is definitely a balloon Stack with the coal tender Loco number is 72, it is NOT an Annie but does have the plastic Walshearts valve gear and has the version 5 chassis.    The Boxcar is a new NP&S variation with the North Pole Special and Nice Car Lettering on the left of the door, and the Crossed Candy canes on the right of the door the end color is red with no lettering, the car number is NP&S 122509.  The combine also has different touches on the lettering detail with the Bass Pro logo on the side of the combine, The end doors have logos on either side of the door, the Bass Pro logo is on the left and the Red Head logo is on the right.

Christmas collectors will defininitely want this set.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway