News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C & S mogul vs. Bachman Mogul

Started by vroc3349, October 31, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vroc3349

Hi all.

A short while ago, I mentioned that I had picked up 3 Spectrum Moguls that were made for a Xmas Village collectables co.

FYI

Going through our clubs old issues oh the NG&SLG, I came across the May/June 1989 issue and it contained plans for the C & S #22 so I took it home for a few days to read.

Seemed like a great idea to get out the calipers, since the drawing was in 1/4" scale, and do a fast comparison.

I would almost be willing to bet money that the Bachman used these drawings for their production version of the Mogul.

Absolutely everything I checked was right on from wheel size to distance between the axles to overall height to placement of ALL windows to shape of and placement of the domes as well as the routing of all exterior piping.  The same holds true of the tender dimensions and details.

Since these models already come with the axillary air tank on top of the boiler, it's a couple of PS Bear trap stacks for me.  Once the added details on the tender are in place, I'm ready to repaint and decal.

I hope some one finds this info useful.

vroc3349

El Loco

Awesome research work ! ;D  Perhaps one of those may be in my future some day. Thanks for your efforts !!!!

Royce Wilson

There is a new Yahoo group called ,"colorado and southern",if you are intrested.

Royce Wilson

Woody Elmore

I think Precision Scale offers a beartrap cinder catcher in lost wax brass.

jim margerum

Hello Royce and All: I have not found the Colorado and Southern YAHOO that you mentioned. Could you be of any help? Thanks in advance, Jim

Royce Wilson

The Colorado & Southern R.R yahoo group is under Yahoo groups, railway enthusanist. listed as , coloradoandsouthern.   try this address:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/coloradoandsouthern/

Royce Wilson ::)

jim margerum

Hello Royce: Thanks, I found it and joined just now. Jim