News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new model railroad

Started by bnsfmodeler, April 15, 2007, 11:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnsfmodeler

it was cool, i have found a plan that is 10' by 15' and its all a couincidence, its based on cajon pass which i was planning on doing the scenery on anyways, the plan is around the walls with 2 pininsulas, my parents were looking for a house to buy and right across the street they saw an open garage with a huge layout(10' by 15') and they started talking to him and he said bring your son by anytime, so the next day my mom took me and he gave me lots of advice, and even let me run a 40 car intermodal train around the layout he let me choose the locomotives that i wanted and everything, i chose a custom made atlas locomotive, it was a UP SD70MAC, an athearn BNSF dash8 wide cab and an athearn dash9 UP locomotive, i would post a link but there is no website i just found it by luck, the guy had well ever 70 locomotives, he had a huge selection too, he had csx, UP, SF, BNSF, amtrak, and BN i was impressed and im building the exact same layout and the guy is gonna help me build it, give me advice, wire it with DCC, install DCC decoders in my locos as well as sound, and hes giving me some locos and rolling stock as well!!!!! it is gonna be awesom when i finish my new layout. The guys is also gonna let me join his interchange group, its a group of model railroaders that all model modern railroads, he models UP, some models CSX, someone else models NS, and now im in and i model BNSF so we have all the major modern railroads. The interchange group members all live really close to where i live and every saturday we go to someone elses house and operste there railroad, next saturday, not the one that just passed but the one coming next week were going to the CSX house, then to the UP house, and then to the NS house and then to my house to work on the model railroad, and when its finished well go to my house after the NS. The UP is based on cajon pass, mine is based on cajon pass, the NS on is based on like a desert scene, the CSX is based on like a forest scene, the UP model railroad is 10' by 15' as well is mine, the NS is 20' by 30', and the CSX one is the biggest 20' by 50'. its gonna be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r0bert

Quote from: bnsfmodeler on April 15, 2007, 11:31:57 PM
it was cool, i have found a plan that is 10' by 15' and its all a couincidence, its based on cajon pass which i was planning on doing the scenery on anyways, the plan is around the walls with 2 pininsulas, my parents were looking for a house to buy and right across the street they saw an open garage with a huge layout(10' by 15') and they started talking to him and he said bring your son by anytime, so the next day my mom took me and he gave me lots of advice, and even let me run a 40 car intermodal train around the layout he let me choose the locomotives that i wanted and everything, i chose a custom made atlas locomotive, it was a UP SD70MAC, an athearn BNSF dash8 wide cab and an athearn dash9 UP locomotive, i would post a link but there is no website i just found it by luck, the guy had well ever 70 locomotives, he had a huge selection too, he had csx, UP, SF, BNSF, amtrak, and BN i was impressed and im building the exact same layout and the guy is gonna help me build it, give me advice, wire it with DCC, install DCC decoders in my locos as well as sound, and hes giving me some locos and rolling stock as well!!!!! it is gonna be awesom when i finish my new layout.
wow one sentence!!

The guys is also gonna let me join his interchange group, its a group of model railroaders that all model modern railroads, he models UP, some models CSX, someone else models NS, and now im in and i model BNSF so we have all the major modern railroads.

The interchange group members all live really close to where i live and every saturday we go to someone elses house and operste there railroad, next saturday, not the one that just passed but the one coming next week were going to the CSX house, then to the UP house, and then to the NS house and then to my house to work on the model railroad, and when its finished well go to my house after the NS.

The UP is based on cajon pass, mine is based on cajon pass, the NS on is based on like a desert scene, the CSX is based on like a forest scene, the UP model railroad is 10' by 15' as well is mine, the NS is 20' by 30', and the CSX one is the biggest 20' by 50'. its gonna be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slow down and take a breath! your post is very hard to read all run together like that.  :o

Locomotive10

Yes,

Proper capitalization and punctuation as well as spelling is all but present in that post.

My late grandfather had a marvelous saying. It was, there are 3 ways of doing things. The Right Way, The Wrong Way, and the ever popular Half A** way (you can fill in the blanks).

You would do well to remember that. But I am glad you settled on a plan. Just be sure to throw in a steamer for excursions, you could do a Santa Fe 3751 or 4449 trip prototypically, because they both have been operated over BNSF rails, the 3751 especially.

Have Fun

Loco10

bnsfmodeler

o sorry i was in a rush, ill try to put more punctuation in next time.

and about the steamer, i dont think im gonna add any steam locos. The reason for that is because, i model modern locos and modern locos only. and plus if i had the money to buy a new loco, well i have the money but i havent gone to the train store yet. But when i go again, im gonna buy a bunch of rolling stock mostly manifest, also currently i have no auto racks, so im gonna buy about 30 of them because i have been saving for quite a while i havent been to the train store latly for anything major just like some repair parts of some metal wheel sets to replace all of my old rolling stocks plastic wheels, i have alot of new rolling stock too.

But right now i have about 3000 dollars saved up from about 4 birthdays, and 4 christmases, as well as 4 easters. So when i go im not gonna buy any new locomotives, just a whole $hitlo@d of rolling stock, and im gonna buy a DCC system, MRC prodigy advance. i need the advance to operate all the locomotives that i have. right now i just counted my locomotives, and i have 113, plus another box full, so about 200. About 150 are BNSF, 15 are SF, and all the rest are CSX. and i have about 1000 rolling stock, and soon to be more rolling stock. Im thinking about selling my SF and CSX ones they all have DCC decoders inside them and none have sound. You can request a sound installation for a price of 5 dollars, plus the pirce of the decoder that you want. The SF locos include 10 dash 9's, 3 GP60 wide cabs, and 2 GP40's, the CSX include 5 dash9's 15 SD70macs, 3 GP40's and 2 SD40-2's. so if you interested, just ask and ill list the price. but when u ask make sure u list the loco that you want and what railroad, remember im only selling the CSX and SF!!!!

Hoople

-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

WoundedBear

LMFAO....this is better than TV....wheeeeeeeeeeeeee. :D

Guilford Guy

Haha yep. Not as funny as me sleep computering last night.
Alex wakes up.
Dad-"why were you on the computer last night at 515?"
Alex-"I wasn't, why?"
Dad- There were messages from you when I got on this morning"

Alex Calls Friend.
Alex-"Did I Instant Message you at 515 AM?"
Friend-"Yes you did."
Alex-"WOW"

Alex logs into AIM
Alex- "what did I say"
Friend-"I was like 'what are you doing up at this hour', and you were like 'gc;ksvbya.rg. gslagvla,sf.cbasgkljrvg'"

:) :D ;D ;) ;)

hmm how old did you say you were again?
Alex

SteamGene

My guess is that UP has defected to BNSF and from steam to diesel. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jayl1

Gene,
With that $3000 he can buy a brass big boy to split metal passenger cars in half & sweep the rails clear with an Athearn & Walthers rotary plow!! ;)

bnsfmodeler

LD303

:o ???   4 Christmases, 4 b-days, and 4 easters=$3000....thats $275 a pop......WOW!!!!!!  I sometimes got $100 to spend on myself at Christmas, and maybe $50 for my b-day,got colored eggs and candy for easter, never any money .......man kids got it made today!! 
Gene, you think BNSF bought out UP???   ;D   seems to be a recurring theme going on there.

GG......I know what you mean,  I've had people ask what was wrong with me and proceed to tell me I ignored their IM's or sent some jibberish......I finally found out what was going on....kitty liked to sleep on the keyboard, and unless I exited the IM programs completely, it would sign on or if i left the IM open, it sent jibberish,  many folks probably thought I was on dope or insane! :D

bnsfmodeler

lol yup i get money for easter lol, what i do is just ask for money for christmas i usually get about $400-$500 for christmas since thats all i ask for, then my parents usually throw in a few rolling stocks or a BNSF SD70MAC or sumthing, then for my B-DAY i always ask for money, i get about $100-$120 and then my 24 year old bro gives me about $50. and for easter i dont get any candy or anything, my parents when i wake up my dad just goes here have this 40 bucks and get back in bed(i wake up really early on holidays especially christmas :)) lol)

Hoople

I can believe a portion, because if I just ask for $$$ for my b-day I get almost $300. For Christmas its usually a $50 certificate for the LHS and Easter about $30.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

pdlethbridge

I keep telling people a million times that they shouldn't exaggerate ;D

bnsfmodeler

pdlethbridge, um im not exagerating u just think i am. So if your just going to sit here and tell people off just stop ok man, people are just here to talk not here someones mouth like yours........... i no i may sound rude but im sick of people that say stuff like that.