News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where are all the passenger cars?

Started by New ChooChoo, November 13, 2009, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New ChooChoo

Well I guess nobody wants to sell HO trains that bad. I have been checking all over and the selection of cars is very very slim or nonexistent. International Hobby is the worst! Rp-25 metal wheelsets are no longer carried by them. Interior kits....they don't know when they will be getting any in. And the passenger cars themselves, are on backorder with no due date in sight. Guess I should have kept my O-Scale trains!

I have been watching EBay and the are some of what I am looking for but not whole consists.

Is there any LARGE dealers that stock HUGE selections of passenger cars. I would like to get the Southern Pacific Daylight in SS or CS or even in Heavyweight. Got the engine and tender, just need the cars to go with it.

jonathan

NCC,

Just did a quick search of the Walthers on-line Catalog.  The Walthers Line has a large selection of Daylight/Heavyweight passenger cars in the roadnames you are looking for.  Most of the cars are on sale (half-price) and in stock!.  Along with them, there is a small selection of Brass Car Sides, Branchline Trains, con cor, and Rapido ($$$).

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

CG04

Jonathan,

What did you do to pull up those SP passenger cars ???
I also have the SP Daylight loco and am looking for the passenger cars, cheap.
Half price sounds pretty good.

Clif

jonathan

www.walthers.com

On the left tab options, go to "advance search".  Go to drop down menu and select "passenger cars".  On the other drop down menu, type in the road names you are looking for.  Then hit "search".

Walthers charges 8.95 for shipping, but if your ordering a lot, sign up for an account.  I believe they will wave the shipping charge if you order a bunch of stuff.

Regards,

Jonathan

ABC

Quote from: jonathan on November 13, 2009, 12:26:07 PM
Walthers charges 8.95 for shipping, but if your ordering a lot, sign up for an account.  I believe they will wave the shipping charge if you order a bunch of stuff.
If your purchase is of $150.00 or more shipping is free if you have a code from Walthers, except if you purchase something really big or something that they have to get from overseas and isn't in their warehouse.

Here's a list of all the Southern pacific passenger cars available from Walthers; however, none of them are in the traditional daylight scheme. The prices have been removed to protect the integrity of Bachmann's site.
Walthers Rolling Stock     Walthers Mfg # 932
Part #                Description                                                       Scale      
932-6333   Budd Streamlined Diner Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific    HO   

932-6353   Budd Streamlined 10-6 Sleeper Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific    

932-6473   Budd Baggage Dormitory Car - Assembled -- Southern Pacific    HO         

932-6805   Streamlined Pullman-Standard 72' Baggage Car - Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM) (Smooth Sides, gray)    HO            

932-6825   Pullman-Standard 48-Seat Streamlined Diner Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM)    HO   
932-10309   Pullman Heavyweight 28-1 Parlor Car - Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM)    HO           

932-10409   Pullman Heavyweight 6-3 Sleeper - Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM)    

932-10459   Pullman Heavyweight Solarium Observation - Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM)    HO   

932-10559   Heavyweight Pullman 10-1-2 Sleeper - Ready to Run -- Southern Pacific(TM)    HO   

Here's the link: http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=Passenger&scale=H&manu=Walthers&item=&keywords=southern+pacific&words=restrict&instock=Y&split=60&Submit=Search

ABC

I think this scheme was more of what you had in mind.
Con-Cor     Walthers Mfg # 223
Part #      Description      Scale
223-11022   72' Streamlined Baggage -- Southern Pacific "Daylight"    HO
223-73107   85' Corrugated Observation -- Southern Pacific Daylight (red,orange)     HO   
223-74107   70' Corrugated Baggage Car -- Southern Pacific "Daylight" (red, orange)    HO   
223-75107   85' Corrugated Slumber Coach -- Southern Pacific "Daylight" (red, orange)    HO   
223-78107   85' Corrugated Budd Dome -- Southern Pacific "Daylight" (red, orange)    HO   
223-79107   85' Streamline Corrugated 10-6 Sleeper -- Southern Pacific "Daylight" (red, orange) HO

Link: http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=Passenger&scale=H&manu=Con-Cor&item=&keywords=southern+pacific&words=restrict&instock=Y&split=60&Submit=Search

CG04

Thanks to Jonathan and ABC.

The Con-Cor's are what I am looking for. (Red and Orange)

RFDTV's show "Trains and Locomotives" featured the SP Daylight a couple of weeks ago.  Wow, What a sight.

Clif

hawaiiho

Athearn made some nice "Daylight" cars. I have several. My local hobby shop in Reno still has some in stock, though I didn't look at what cars they have there.   It is High Sierra Hobbies. If you are interested, I would suggest you call the store and find out what cars they have in stock.

hawaiiho

We were in Carson City today.

If you haven't already found them, the shop there(Hobbytown, USA) has some SP Daylite cars.  Again,  Athearn.

jdmike

You can also give Train Exchange hobbies in Kokomo Indiana a call, they have several different passenger sets in stock, both IHC, Athearn, Rivarossi and Walthers.  Most are all complete consists and I know there is atleast 1 or 2 Daylight consists.  They have a website and some nice pictures from some local train layouts.   Cheers   Mike