TB2 Diesel Sound Board...Music????

Started by MB425, November 07, 2009, 06:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB425

Was letting a younger fella run my GP9 this afternoon while at a show with my modular club. He was hitting the horn and happened to hit it right in front of me as I was walking around the layout in an area where we were having some electrical problems. Anyway, instead of getting a horn, I got "beeps" (that is the best I can describe it) similar to those you may hear coming out of a toy carousel such as the ones Dept. 56 and Lemax produce. Also, it wouldn't stop until we killed the power. After that, everything was fine. Anyone hear this one before? I've had electrical beeping coming out of the engine and my ill fated S2 turbine when I may have the horn/whistle or bell going and I had to quickly kill the power but nothing like this one before.

Anyone on this?

Off topic. Bachmann - When it comes to steam, please find some other way to secure smoke units other than hot glue. WIth one lap around the glue starts melting and I have to find other means of attaching the unit. Not only did I have that problem with the S2, other friends in my club have had that problem before. Sorry for drifting a little...

phillyreading

What it sounds to me is that you have lost some power to the track! Either try cleaning the track in the area where this happens or add adition power wires to the affected area to resolve this problem. This will happen with electronic horn units when you have a bad electrical connection or the electronic horn unit don't like your track for some reason.
Electronic horn units are more sensitve to power issues than whistling horn motors of the past.

Lee F.

MB425

Thanks Lee. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I added another lock-on to the layout to help another minor issue I was having but since the show I haven't seen the problem since.

Thanks again!

phillyreading

This is what a friend of mine in Stuart FL did with his layout, I think that it is overkill but will definetely solve all power issues with track, he soldered wires to every track(he was using GarGraves track with 072 curves) and fed them through to the bottom and then wired them into a bus connection.

Lee F.