News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

connie tenders

Started by petertoot, April 17, 2007, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

g,day to you all,i now have a connie,at long last,a great loco,but i notice the tender floor has a slight upward bend in it,is this an easy fix,just thought i would ask all you guys,girls that have one,thanks,peter,the bend is in the floor not the body,cheeers,fromaussie

Jon D. Miller

I've had a Connie since they first became available.  The tender floor is flat. Others that I've worked on did not have the bow you mention.

If the bow is 1/16" or less I would not be concerned.

A possible solution to flaten the tender floor would be to mount two rectangular brass tubes, front to back, on top and at both sides of the floor.  Attach these brass tubes with small screws up through the bottom of the tender floor.  Place one tube on each side of the tender floor just slightly inboard from the floor edge.

Drawing the floor up against the brass tubes should flaten the floor. 

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

David Buckingham

Hi Peter
I have taken five connie tenders apart and all were flat

Suggest you double check that there are no wires trapped and also the front rounded ends are flat on the floor they can be up on the locatng piece if you are not carefull.

With the tender top screwed down it should take out any curve.

My tops are not screwed down I put approx 1/2 inch tube 1 inch plus high at each corner so I can lift off the top to reach the sound system and the bases remain flat
Dave