News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Summit Pass Review

Started by Alex Butner, November 22, 2009, 01:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Butner

I received my Summit Pass train set on Thursday and I have to say that I am impressed with Bachmann. This is the most reliable and fun large scale train I have ever owned. This train looks great, runs great, and has a wonderful paint scheme. I am impressed Bachmann, keep up the good work! Another thing is that this train is so fun and will eventually be running on a larger loop and I have to say that the smoke output is good. Thanks for making G-scale fun!
Alex Butner ;D

Alex Butner

Wow, I didn't know that 110 people would view my review. Thanks guys. You made my day. (Even better!)
Thanks,
Alex Butner

tlnibert

I love my Bachmann trains, I have 6 or 7 that's not been opened. I picked up a three truck Shay today. I hate taking new engines apart, I'm always afraid of breaking something. The really bad part is buying grease at a $1,000 an once.
Does anyone use 3 and one oil.
Tom

on30gn15

Quote from: tlnibert on December 05, 2009, 08:13:51 PMDoes anyone use 3 and one oil.

NOT a good idea!

Solvents in that oil will react with solvents in the plastics.

Destructively.

It rates right up there in wise-ness with spraying the cake pan with WD40 because you're out of Crisco.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

on30gn15

Quote from: Alex Butner on November 22, 2009, 01:30:06 PM... and has a wonderful paint scheme.

It is a pretty locomotive with nicely done trim and lettering.  ;D 8)
(I'm waiting for passenger cars in the Glenbrook Valley roadname)

For my tastes its boiler jacketing is going to be repainted with a less blue metallic color to more closely resemble the real unpainted sheet iron jacketing.
Which I've read was in the early days often polished enough to strongly reflect the blue sky, making it often look as blue as Bachmann's factory paint.

That's going to take some seriously careful masking.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest