News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44597 Power Terminal w/Gaps Question

Started by Len, December 05, 2009, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

Just curious, what does this get me I don't get wiring a DCC reverse loop with standard terminal tracks and plastic insulatiing rail joiners??

At $29.00 a pop, I hope is something majorly significant.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ABC

You don't need the terminal tracks if you just soldier the wires appropriately to the track, but you still need to use insulated rail joiners or something else to separate the rest of your layout from your reverse loop.

Len

ABC,

The terminal tracks came with some sets. I also use Atlas terminal joiners for extra power feeders, and plastic insulating joiners at gaps.

My question specifically relates to the new $29.00 44597 Power Terminal track with gaps built in shown under the EZ-Track products list.

Does it do something a standard terminal track, or standard track with terminal joiners, combinded with plastic insulating rail joiners doesn't? In short, what makes this worth the $29.00 price tag?

Personally, I think a 4-pack of 2in straights would be more useful. Yeah, I know, the new 'fitter pack' includes 2in straights. But just like with the 90deg crossing, I'm still having to buy pieces I don't need to get the 2in pieces. Only now I only get 2, instead of 4 like the crossing has.

Len

ABC

The terminal is underneath and not on the side, and there is not a rerailer/grade on the track-those are the only 2 differences from a standard Bachmann terminal track. Pretty much it will appear to be a regular section of track, but has terminals underneath and insulated rail joiners.

Len

ABC,

Thanks for the info. If that's the only difference, guess that one goes on my "don't need to buy" list. :(

Atlas Cd100 terminal joiners, with the wires run down through the table, and insulating plastic rail joiners work just fine.

Len