News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Wishlist

Started by panniertankboy8751, December 06, 2009, 12:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panniertankboy8751

You can post anything you want to see Bachmann make in the coming years.

Personally, I want to see a N&W/Virginian R.R. "Y" 2-8-8-2

jward

i would like to see a gp9 to go with the gp7.

how about an upgrade of the gp50 to something reasonably accurate.

dcc onboard locomotives with decoders that support cv's 2 to 6, which control min, max and mid voltages, and acceleration and deceleration.

upgrades of the old u36b to to-day's standards.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

BestSnowman

I'll second improved decoder CV support
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

NWsteam

I don't think they would do a 2-8-8-2 because plenty of other manufactures are already doing/have done them. It would be a waste for bachmann to do one of those.

A gp9 would be nice. As long as I can get an early N&W paint scheme. :)

Cody J

I think GP9's would be nice. I would like SD50's and some SD60's along with some newer motive power like SD70 series, GEVO's and maybe some SD80MAC's.. maybe in the ConRail paint  ;D I have always liked the CR paint on their SD80MAC's.

Cody
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

BestSnowman

SD50's and up would be nice too especially if demonstrater schemes are offered. I noticed that a demonstrator schemed GP30 is being released by Bachmann in the future.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

pdlethbridge

I like the decoder upgrade idea
How about an h16-44 with a decoder
Small, medium, large and Vanderbilt tenders with sound available as a separate item.

jward

i have thought of another diesel that would be nice.
walthers has the fairbanks morse h10-44 switcher, which can be used to represent early h12-44s, however, in the middle of production, the h12-44 was redesigned, the roof overhang eliminated, and the locomotive shortened by about 4 feet. one of these late h12-44s would be a model nobody else makes. it would be sort of like the early h16-44 atlas makes versus the late version bachmann makes.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Rashputin

Since the PRR L1 Mike used the same boiler as the K4 Pacific, it seems to me that making an L1 in the Spectrum line is a natural.  As always, though, I still think the NYC L2 series and/or the NYC H10b that was such a trend setter (both in Spectrum quality of course) would be great.  If staying away from the larger roads is a goal, then I never heard anyone complaining about there being too many Atlantics on the market.  The Atlantic type would be perfect for the shorter passenger trains so many folks run.

I can't say on diesels, I'd have to really think about what hasn't been done or hasn't been done well.  Besides, I'm partial to Southern and N&W high hoods running long hood forward which makes them an exception for most roads.

Regards

ebtnut

OK, in On30 we need nice little Heisler - about a 25 tonner would be good.  Also, a non-Colorado 2-8-0, like maybe the Lawndale engines. 

In HO - A non-USRA medium Pacific.  A chop-nose option for the Geeps, and maybe the "torpedo boat" option as well.  An "old-time" 2-8-0, like the Ma and Pa's light Consols.  If not the medium Pacific, then the B&O President class Pacific, in both original and rebuilt forms. 

CNE Runner

In HO:
    - a turn of the [20th] century Mogul that would compliment the Spectrum American,
    - a Davenport similar to the On30 model,
    - a Whitcomb industrial engine
I expect all of these 'wishes' to arrive on a flying pig.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jettrainfan

A southern pacific "Black widow" FA (i forgot the exact number...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

panniertankboy8751

Here's one for Bachmann Branclines. A 14xx 0-4-2T. I'm only saying this because I think Hornby stopped making theirs.

And if they make that, heres a new Junior set:

The Titfield Thunderbolt Set:

Includes 14xx 0-4-2T 1401, GWR Cattel Car, The Passenger car from the movie, GWR 20 ton TOAD Breakvan, oval of track, conventional DC power pack, and Titfield Station.

(I never said that your wishes had to be JUST American Stuff  :) )

Pacific Northern

I would like to see Spectrum engines in the 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 configurations. I would also vote for a new series of steamers based on the Harriman lineage.
Pacific Northern

Rashputin

If the 2-6-2 type is being considered this is one I particularly like.