News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question about Mavis

Started by CNWman, April 20, 2007, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNWman

Dear Bach-Man,
   Will Mavis have a coupler on her front buffer? I ask because she is about Thomas's size judging by the telivision series and Thomas doesn't have a front coupler on your model. Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

CNWman

Mr Tickle

She will have one I am sure, after the first 3 models (Thomas Percy and James) Bachmann started having front couplers on all the trains!

CNWman

Quote from: martin2345uk on April 20, 2007, 05:04:22 PM
She will have one I am sure, after the first 3 models (Thomas Percy and James) Bachmann started having front couplers on all the trains!

Good, all shunting locomotives need front couplers ;D I plan on getting Mavis as my second engine I've ever gotten. She was my favorie wooden toy when I was a kid playing with wooden tracks, so I want to import that fun onto a 1:87 scale :D Her couplers will have to be changed to Knuckle couplers if I plan on making her truly be my first shunter loco.

Mr Tickle

I also want Mavis, though if they use the prototype that they already make (Class 04 shunter) then she will be 1:76 scale :-)

I think I am going to try and add front couplers to Thomas and Percy, they really would be better with them!

Henryblue

I've added a chain and hook coupling to James to make him look more real and i've added a 'wire' coupling to Thomas and Percy, this is a easy, cheap and superb method

Chazoroni

I am pretty sure she will have a front coupler, and let me just say that the Bachmann Mavis will turn out great once she is released  :D

Michael

I have a feeling she won't differ much from Harry the Hauler.   ;)

Chazoroni

I couldn't agree more, she will be great for my quarry I am going to add soon ;)