New HO 2-8-0, Spectrum H4 2-6-6-2 and 0-6-0 tank, where are they?

Started by Pacific Northern, December 18, 2009, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I recently had the opportunity to visit a couple large model railroad stores and was disappointed that most of the new Spectrum HO engines announced by Bachmann are still not available.

I certainly am wainting to see the new 2-8-0 engine that is the replacement for the Spectrum 2-8-0 as well as the new 2-6-6-2 with the vanderbilt tender and of course the new 0-6-0 tank engine.

Had the engines been available I would have likely bought one of each. At least it was not a total loss I did buy a Heritage 0-6-0 which was marked down for clearance.
Pacific Northern

jbsmith

Bucksco

The new 2-8-0s arrived in the warehouse about 2 weeks ago and have started shipping to dealers. The H4 production samples have arrived so I would say we are about a month out on those.

Pacific Northern

Thanks for the update. Needless to say I will not be seeing those under my tree this year.
Pacific Northern

Jim Banner

Quote from: jbsmith on December 19, 2009, 09:51:01 PM
Somali Pirates?

I can see it now.  A bunch of buccaneers with eye patches and peg legs, down on the deck of their ship, playing trains under the shade of the Jolly Rogers.

Jim
There are no prizes for being the first to tell me I need to get out more.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jbsmith

Quote from: Jim Banner on December 19, 2009, 11:26:17 PM
Quote from: jbsmith on December 19, 2009, 09:51:01 PM
Somali Pirates?

I can see it now.  A bunch of buccaneers with eye patches and peg legs, down on the deck of their ship, playing trains under the shade of the Jolly Rogers.

Jim
There are no prizes for being the first to tell me I need to get out more.
Knowing that all Bachmann products are made in China, the cargo container
ship carrying the products along with other made in China goods was on its way to the Suez Canal with the ships ultimate destination being the Philadelphia seaport docks when suddenly out of the mist the ship was siezed by Somali Pirates of the coast of Somalia in the Gulf of Aden!
Perhaps the negotiations for the ransom for the release of the ship and crew demanded by the pirates went well or U.S. Navy Seals re-took the ship. Then the ship continued on its merry way.

If you watch the news, the above is a very plausible tale.

hotrainlover

SOOOO...
The motto of the season is......

"SAVE THE TRAINS!!"

;D

pdlethbridge

exrail