News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just got my 2-6-6-2!

Started by Jack Johnson, December 11, 2009, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Johnson

Just picked up my new 2-6-6-2 with sound. It's fantastic. Runs great and the sound is excellent. Flawless over switches and is quite quiet when the sound is off. Very smooth operation. I think this is going to be my favorite locomotive!

Heave

I got word that my engine is in transit. Probably early next week.

Can I ask you to measure in inches the height of your engine from railhead and how long coupler to coupler along with width?

I spotted a structure that might serve as a good engine house and have to wait until my own engine arrives LOL to see if it will fit.

Jack Johnson

Heave,

Height is 2 3/4" from rail head to top of the standard stack. Length from coupler to coupler is 13 1/2" and width is 1 3/4". Hope this helps.

Jack

Heave

Tomcat

My one has reached our European Shores too. And this is a beautiful engine, running like a clockwork. The sound electronic is awesome, even as I had known about the Soundtraxx magics, the Articulated Sound is outstanding.

Seems that I must go and have a second one... ;) ;) ;)

---> WELL DONE BACH-MAN; you folks have done another great work <---

Cheers, Tom

Heave

Engine runs well on Analog, I suppose it needed a voltage kick in the rear to wake up. For a moment here was a brick.  >:(

On DCC it really ran well. I run the 8 amp Chief with a DT400 and it seems to shift out of transition into simple from articulated at 18 speed.

I learned to place the entire engine, tender etc back into the box and set it on the shelf. Those plugs are tiny for a old man like me.

Running the engine has caused me to consider buying a metal logging steam cable winch to put on the pilot deck partly for looks, operations and mainly to weight down the front engine set a bit better.

The engine also caused me to consider grades. I think this engine will need a helper on anything beyond 1% and 5 cars. I will have to evaluate them on woodland scenics risers before I decide how to design the road.

I think this engine is a good one.