News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Railbus Circuit Board Question

Started by Woodie, December 21, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodie

I am having problems replacing the Bachmann decoder with micro-Tsunami Galloping Goose decoder. The unit runs fine on straight DC, but hesitates and runs poorly with the Tsunami. I have seen some reference to inductors and capacitors on the Bachmann circuit boards causing problems with other decoders, but I have not been able to identify any of those components on the Railbus circuit board.
My question is: are there any capacitors or inductors on the Railbus circuit board and if so where are they?
Woodie

JohnR

Woodie -

Did you install the capacitor that came with your Tsunami?  It's a stay alive capacitor that attaches between the blue and yellow/green wires on the Tsunami.  The Railbus has no equalization of it's wheels.  This makes it prone to intermittent pickup.  Also, the trailing coach also adds power pickup and that will improve things as well.

When I installed my microTSU, I extended the wires and tucked the cap in the footwell of one of the rear passenger seats.  It sits lower than the window sill, so your really have to look for it once it's in place.

I haven't removed anything from the stock Bachmann circuit board.  I experienced the same jerkiness until I attached the stay alive cap.

-John