Will the 4-4-0 be released with Sound in 2010?

Started by Heave, December 22, 2009, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heave

I see that there are 4-4-0's with DCC but not sound.

Will Bachmann be releasing this model in DCC and sound in 2010?

Or will it be easier to order a DCC/Sound tender direct from Bachmann and plug it into the older 4-4-0?

the Bach-man

Dear Heave,
We won't know until announcements are made, but I'll pass a;long your request.
Happy holidays!
the Bach-man

jestor

LokSound decoders are plug and play in Bachmann ON-30  tender locos. Wouldn't that be easier?  Also, since the IF 4-4-0 and OF 4-4-0 are completely different animals in terms of size, it's helpful to qualify which one you're referring to. 

ksivils

Would you mind providing a few more details about these decoders?

Do they fit right into the 4-4-0?

Thanks!

jestor

ESU LOKSOUND has a web site....check it out. Just google ESU LOKSOUND. They have samples of all the sounds.  After trying a number of decoders, I settled on ESU for their quality(made in Germany) and ease of installation. They come all prewired with the 8 pin plug and prewired speaker...a true plug and play affair(no soldering). The motor control parameters seem to be right on for Bachmann's can motors, as all of mine run perfectly out of the box with no adjusting of CV's at all.  My Bachmann ON-30 locos run BETTER than my MTH PS2 locos using these decoders. The BEMF is the best I have tried.....the locos run at a dead constant speed....just like they had cruise control.  I get mine from a dealer in NC, but many dealers carry them.  They fit right in all Bachmann tender locos....the decoder only slightly larger than the standard decoder that comes in it.  Installation as follows: 1-remove tender shell.  2-unplug old decoder.  3-plug in new decoder.  4-place speaker in space provided.  5-replace tender shell.  6-rock and roll.  Even I can do it.