News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

overland limited 4-8-4 engine

Started by tender1, December 26, 2009, 12:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tender1

Hello I just bought the train set about two weeks ago. While running the train on of the links on the right side broke, can some one tell me the turn time for repairs. any help would be appreciated.

Chris350

call service directly.   I've had very good results dealing directly, rather than swapping email.  It's under warranty right?  Why not go to the vender and request a replacement?  This assumes it hasn't been misused.

service from the tabs on the left:

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Time. Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600.
Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
Technical Support: Ext.337
Repair Status: Ext. 331
Customer Service Manager: Ext.304 

ABC

Around Christmas time, the return time is a lot longer than any other time of the year.

Joe323

I sent my 2-6-2 UP Prarie in around thanksgiving and a new loco came back about 3 weeks later However they said at this time of year the turn around was about 6 weeks.

pghwrench

I'm having a problem with mine as well it seems the pilot and trailing trucks on the loco arn't spring loaded as described in the parts diagram, they are simply connected by a short rod with no down pressure and constantly derail, i spoke to the tech department and will be sending them it shortly. you'd think they would correct problems rather than changing them for the worse. they also said " that the overland limited set was a cheaper set" at retail over 200.00 with no extras included and using steel track and plastic wheels on stock. I think its more like expensive box with cheap junk included. (  jmo) The only reason its not there yet is I'm thinking of returning It to store . ps the couplers suck as well  and just to clear it up early track is level connected correctly and i'm been model railroading for 30 + years