News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

T-boiler shay

Started by VirginiaCentral, April 21, 2007, 09:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaCentral

Hey Mr. Bach-man, On the general topic message board there is a thread concerning old steam locomotives pulled from the woods.  One of the posts included a link to a picture of a a two-truck, T-boiler shay:
http://www.shaylocomotives.com/data/lima/sn-196.htm   
Except for the wide wheels on the shay in the photo, this is exactly what we need in Large Scale, 1:20.3 - A two-truck, T-boiler Shay.

Jerry
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

Paul W.

I'll second that request!
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Tony Walsham

Ditto, with the same type of drive as the 0n2½ version. 

To obtain the best appearance the trucks must have that lacy open look, and not the blocked in blobs the other LS Shays have.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

David Buckingham

Steve Stockham

Absolutely! When Bachmann is ready for another logging "lokie" this one should be it!!

calenelson

I don't own any of the geared steam, yet....but I'd Most Deff buy one of those...it'd do more for the than a K for sure!

sign me up and where do I need to send the funds!?
;D
cale

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I've been asking for a tee boiler for years... maybe someday...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tom Lapointe

Add me to the list as well Bach-man! :)  I'll also second Tony Walsham's comments as to the drive.                                             Tom 

David Fletcher

I do like the T boiler Shay, but frankly I think there are a few thousand other prototypes that could be pursued before I'll buy yet another  Shay...I'm all Shayed out! 

David.

soleman10

Shays!  Ya gotta love 'em!  What I wouldn't give to see Bachmann come out with a really nicely detailed vertical boiler shay.  Optional half roof/full roof; round water tank/square water tank.  I think this would be a big seller.  Thoughts?
Mike.

Steve Stockham

Fletch has a point. We have seen a 36 ton class B and then it's re-issue as a 38 ton steel cab. We have just seen a 55 ton class C and people are starting to ask for a Climax again... still, a T-boilered Shay would be quite welcome on my pike! I quite agree that there are a lot of other engines that I would prefer to see first made but when they decide to make another geared engine I would definitely like it to be a T-boilered Shay.

Old Iron

Geoff Ringle
Old Iron Designs

VirginiaCentral

Mike, if it's a vertical boilered engine you want, it should be a vertical boilered Climax with the half-roof / full-roof option you suggested.

http://climaxlocomotives.com/confirmed/img/index.php?P=10083

http://climaxlocomotives.com/confirmed/img/index.php?P=10091

Jerry
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

Tony Walsham

I would buy at least one of those.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Danny Sheehan in Oz

Me Too,  I have just the job for a smaller Shay than I have at present.