News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Should we anticipate New York?

Started by Hamish K, January 26, 2010, 08:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

The New York toy fair is coming up in about 3 weeks time. I know that Bachman's major announcements (such as new locomotives) are, at least for On30,  generally made at the NMRA convention in summer, however will anything, such as new versions of existing items, be announced for On30 at New York?

I know you will give no hint as to what any announcement might be.

Hamish

the Bach-man

Hi, Hamish-
I'm not sure about Toy Fair, but I guarantee the NMRA will thrill many people!
Best,
the Bach-man

Linzthom

Hope one of those thrills begins with an "H"  ::) ::)

Lindsay

http://heisler.webs.com
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Tomcat

Hey folks, if this "H" has some gear, I´ll go..... CRAAAZY::: :P :P :P :P :P :P

Of course, its a long-dead, often banged horse. But we want a Hei....  (NO-this time I won´t speak out the name again, but please Bach-man - let it be the third of four types of geared Logging engines ;) ;) ;)  )

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

ossygobbin

na
it will bw an outside frame 2-6-2 of some sort
you see

LurchBird

A 2-6-2 would be awesome. But let me ask this. What if Bachmann came out with a diesel, either a 2 axle or 3 axle unit? Something that has not yet been produced in On30? Would that not excite folks? Sure, not all, no single release ever will.  But a 2 axle diesel would have tons of possibilities from the 1940s on. 3 axle would be loved by WP&Y folks, and could be a basis for lots of foreign narrow gauge that actively is running narrow gauge freights today.

Just a thought.
Mark

El Loco

44 tonner or a NW2? wouldnt that be  8)neat! A, K class or a Prairie...
Doesn't hurt to dream :)
I already have a 44 tonner in 0n30 but still . ;)

Hamish K

As I mentioned in my first post, I was not expecting a brand new item of motive power until the NMRA convention - I had been hoping for lesser announcements such as excursion cars or the reintroduction of the Porters (perhaps revised) at New York. Sounds like we might have to wait until NMRA for any such announcements

Hamish

MarK T

Just a thought to generate discussion.  I would not mind at all if Bachmann took their HO 44, 45 ton and /or their 70 ton switcher line-up and brought it into the On30 line up.