News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams RDC?

Started by Cobrabob8, January 07, 2010, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrabob8

Hey Bach-man does WBB have any plans to make pairs of RDC cars similar to the ones Lionel made? I am sure that it could be done as well or better and at a much more consumer friendly price. Thank you,
Cobrabob. ;D
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

the Bach-man

Dear Cobra,
I'll pass that along to Three Rail.
I like RDCs!
the Bach-man

3rail

Hi Cobra,

We have made them in the past, but they are not in our current catalog.  We may make them again in the future.  Here is a picture from the last production run.

Regards,

3rail

DominicMazoch

The SP did have one.  Presently in a museum in Galveston TX.

Cobrabob8

Yes, I remember, just hoping that WBB makes them again. I would like to buy B&O (thanks for pic.), PRR and Reading. Thanks WBB. :)
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

PRR never had RDC's.  But PRSL DID!

phillyreading

Another railroad that had RDC's was the Reading Company, the passenger division of the Reading Railroad.
The Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines was a joint venture between the Reading Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad to the Port of Reading in the state of New Jersey.
Another joint venture of the Reading Railroad was the purchase of the Central of New Jersey's stock, at one time Reading RR owned 51% of the CNJ's stock.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

I did ride the RDG RDC's from Reading Terminal Philly to Newark.  Very interesting cars.  New DMU's are needed today!

phillyreading

Quote from: DominicMazoch on January 11, 2010, 08:57:00 PM
I did ride the RDG RDC's from Reading Terminal Philly to Newark.  Very interesting cars.  New DMU's are needed today!

Also what I feel is needed today are electric multiple unit cars for mainline use to go from city to city here in the U.S.A.
I feel the U.S. Government should put more money into Amtrac and get people riding the rails again.

Lee F.