News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Train Simulator

Started by jimk4490, January 11, 2010, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on January 14, 2010, 08:05:42 PM
Price update on Console is  $ 199.95  in  new 2010  Walter's HO catalog , was in neighbor - hood  so went to see  Local Hobby Shop to see about an order . They didn't have order but Got in new Walters Catalog , bought same.  J2.
Yeah the regular price is $200, but I found it on sale for $170 to $180 on various sites online. And last I checked, there was one on ebay buy it now for $150 plus s&h.

jimk4490

So I had a bad experience trying to get a copy of MSTS, as you can only get it as a used product now like through Amazon, and the copy they sent me did not work. So I am stuck having to go to Trainz 2009 that I can buy new through Compusa. Do you think Trainz 2009 will run ok on Windows XP on a three year old DELL?

hminky

Get Trainz 2006 it runs better than 2009:

"Trainz The Complete Collections"

It cost about $10 at Amazon. Get Trainz Tuner:

http://www.kreativenergy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=13&Itemid=29

Trainz Tuner allows the draw distance to increase. Trainz 2006 beats MSTS hands down, the MSTS isn't really fun to use. I have used them all.

I even have Andre Ming's wonderful 1890's railroad for MSTS and still think MSTS stinks!!!

Harold

jimk4490

Where can I get Trainz 2006? If I go to online retail, they don't carry it anymore. If I go to someplace like Amazon or EBay, I might end up (as I've found out) getting a bad copy (even though they claim it's new software, it often is used and without the proper copyright codes).

Loco Bill

I found Trainz 2006 at a Target store the week after Christmas.
Unfortunately when I try to register it I find that I get a message that says there is a problem with them receiving my registration.  no real help in the FAQ either.  Because I can't register I can't download anything either.

Anybody know a way to get the thing registered >:( !!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

jimk4490

Maybe you can return it to Target. Also you might find the answer on Google. Finally, maybe you don't have to register it to use it.

Does anyone know how to use Lap Brakes? I do not fully understand what it is.

Jhanecker2

To Loco Bill : Picked up a copy of Trainz Ultimate Collection at Office Max for $10. Try going to :  www.cosmi.com/ register  when I installed the disk  I had to add their serial number which is a 24  digit alpha- numeric that was under their part number on a label on the jewel case. Still have no idea how to use it .   Microsoft Train Simulator was easier to use.

jimk4490

On your number keypad on the right side of the keyboard, use :

8- increase power
2 decrease power
* put into forward gear
/   put into   reverse
5  idle
3 apply brakes
9 release brakes
6 brake lap
H horn
L lights

Engine must be at idle to put into gear.  Using numbers at top of your letter section of your keyboard, use 1 for cab view, 2 for outside view, 3 for outside view 4 roaming view.

Loco Bill

Well I finally got it registered.  Seems that although I got a big red error message saying I was not registered,  I was actually somehow registered.  I was able to register my serial number so I can download a few things.  Unfortunately when I tried to do a down load nothing happens,  The Download center shows my download as being in progress, but after two days I don't even have 1KB of a 1.3 M file!! ??? >:( :(

Anybody having any luck downloading???
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Santa Fe buff

Trainz! Trainz! Trainz Classics 1&2! Twenty dollars, but the best you can probably buy. It is better than MSTS, it takes time to get some real good content, but just look at some of the stuff you can get for free:

http://rrmods.com/images/spsd4502.jpg
http://www.jointedrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=91

The user-interface is remarkable too! It's very easy to create routes and places to drive.

Cheers,
Joshua

- Joshua Bauer

ALCO1

If you have a Half Price Books store near you check there for TRAINZ titles.  I found "TRAINZ The Complete Collection" for $4.95 new.  It includes:
   Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006
   Trainz Routes 1, 2, 3 and 4
   Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004
   Trainz Ultimate Collection
   Trainz Paintshed

The store near me has several copies and I've seen it at other HPB locations as  well.

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/find_a_store.html

Jhanecker2

Thanks ALCO1 I will check it out it gives me an excuse to drop in at Woodcraft its in the same suburb about an hour away. I did put in the disk of Trains Ultimate Collecion and managed to get it to open . Is there a tutorial on the disk, is it in a readme section ? From what  I could see some of the graphics appearer quite good. John II

ALCO1

There is a file called UTC_Manual.pdf on the disk for TRAINZ Ultimate Collection.  I haven't gone through it so I don't know how much detail there is or how much help it will be.  Should be a good place to start though.

Keith

Santa Fe buff

It is. I believe you should start out with just TRS2006. I don't know why they'd give you all those simulators when all of there content is on TRS2006 plus more built in, and all the downloadable content from it works on TRS2006. Although, some TRS2004 may not work on TRS2006, so it's wise just to install those two.

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer