News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question On Passenger Cars

Started by Dasher, February 02, 2010, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasher

Hello...

I've become a collector of several Bachmann On30 trainsets and believe that there are more and different cars out there to add to the sets I already have. Unfortunately, several of the sets I have are no longer in production, therefore, finding those additional cars is proving to be elusive, if not downright frustrating. I need your help...please!

Did Bachmann ever make the following:

A "Royal Blue" B&O baggage car? I have the coach, observation car and combine; need the baggage car, if it exists.

A "Royal Blue" B&O coach in any other number besides 1059? There are at least three different numbered coaches in the D&RGW set, so, are there more in the "Royal Blue" B&O set besides #1059?

A PRR coach in any other numbers besides #15?

If those exist, can anyone direct me to where I might buy one or more in brand new condition?

Many thanks for answering my questions and/or directing me to where I might buy one or more.

dasher

El Loco

I would keep an eye on Ebay & cruise the swap meets.  Not sure about  the #'s you've inquired about.
Good hunting. :)

Dasher

Thanks, el loco...

Yeah, I just about haunt eBay every day looking for those. As for train shows and swap meets, I attend as many as I can, but, so far, no luck.

Thanks for the suggestions, though; they're much appreciated.

Dasher

C.S.R.R. Manager

If memory serves, the B&O and GN trainsets were 2 of the original On30 sets, and those paint schemes were never offered apart from the sets.  So you won't find a B&O baggage, and the B&O coach was never sold separately, so there isn't another car number.  Don't know about the PRR coach, which was sold as part of a set and separately, but I can't find any photos that show a number other than 15. 

But I could be wrong.  All of my passenger cars have been repainted, decalled and weathered, so I don't have any referenced here.

manager

Dasher

Manager...

Many thanks for the reply. I have wondered if Bachmann ever made the cars I'm looking for and now, thanks to you, I believe I have my answer(s).

Looks like they did not make a baggage car for the B&O "Royal Blue" set in On30, so, my set will be incomplete as far as that car is concerned. Oh, well.

As for the PRR coaches in On30, I can't find any other coaches besides #15 either; perhaps there is a different number or two, but, I can't seem to find one either. I'm still going to keep my eyes open for either cars, but, I'm not very hopeful that they even exist.

Thanks to you and el loco for taking the time to answer my questions.

Best to you both...

Dasher