News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More Streamline

Started by Simon Greasly, April 19, 2007, 03:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Greasly

common i'm certain bachman could make a few more n scale streamliner models. Let see some hudsons, the commodore Vanderbilt, K4, and quite possibly the S1.
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

The Great Destroyer

Come on,
I would like to see alot more passenger cars of all kinds.In my opinion they are doing too much Amtrak stuff.I've seen so much silver I could vomit!
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

Simon Greasly

not exactly what i had in mind :( but your right  ;D  they do need more N-Scale Passenger Cars intead of amtrak but i think that we need to see an N-scale version of the Hudson Streamliner  :-\ or maybe even the K4's Bachman Throw me a Freking Bone here. >:(
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

The Great Destroyer

I don't have any bones to throw they are to dry for my likeing.When I hear the word streamline I think passenger cars.I'm new to the hobby.Now that I've check out some pics I agree!
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

AlanJ3A

It would be great to see a modern NYC Dreyfuss streamlined  Hudson with DCC.  The most important thing is that like the N&W J-class, it is heavy and pulls like a ......proper locomotive [more colorful term omitted].  It should pull 12 passenger cars to get something that looks right on a big layout.

Note, in the new N-Scale Railroading mag, FineNScale announced a conversion kit to make the Streamline Hudson for the Empire State Express, but you need to start wiht one that has Scullin disc drivers.

At this point, Bachmann doesn't have a 3 driver- axle locomotive, but a new release on the Mountain with more weight, better balance on the geared drivers and DCC capability would be exciting.  It would be too much to ask, but as an NYC fan, a Mohawk L4.  While others have announced a Pennsy M-1A, maybe that could be done.  These last 2 would depend on the driver size.

Well, this is off the "streamline" loco topic, but how about scaling up the 2-6-6-2 for more weight, DCC and do a C&O 2-6-6-6 Allegheny?  While everyone is fixated on another company adding a Big Boy [arrggh], the Allegheny was a true monster back East!

One thing I notice is that some people see N-scale as mini-HO in concpet and think a loco only needs to pull 5 cars around a 2 foot circle.  That is one nice thing about N-scale, but the real win is pulling a long train over a layout in a 4x8 space or even larger or an N-Trak system where you can see very realistic consists of 35-80 cars.  So, at least for me, pulling power is a huge thing to consider in N-scale.

Simon Greasly

when you say 2-6-6-2 you mean the duplex drive S1 right? yeah that sounds cool as far as i know there is no company that makes one