News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scam Artist

Started by GlennW, April 26, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennW

There is a scam artist that has victimized at least 20 fellow model railroaders.

He posted "for sale" ads on many of the N scale message boards (thankfully none on Trainboard that I’m aware of).

People sent him a lot of money and never received the goods. There may be many other victims that we are not aware of yet. We have already found him to be running a similar scam on the video gaming boards. I don’t know the legality of posting his name, so will not do that here, but if you or anyone you are aware of has sent money to someone in Denmark, South Carolina and not heard from them, please contact me A.S.A.P. for details on how to proceed and who to contact.

Hope no one at Bachmann has been a victim of this criminal. You may need to call your local authorities to learn how to proceed.

Stephen D. Richards

Quote from: GlennW on April 26, 2007, 09:44:12 PM
There is a scam artist that has victimized at least 20 fellow model railroaders.

He posted "for sale" ads on many of the N scale message boards (thankfully none on Trainboard that I’m aware of).

People sent him a lot of money and never received the goods. There may be many other victims that we are not aware of yet. We have already found him to be running a similar scam on the video gaming boards. I don’t know the legality of posting his name, so will not do that here, but if you or anyone you are aware of has sent money to someone in Denmark, South Carolina and not heard from them, please contact me A.S.A.P. for details on how to proceed and who to contact.

Hope no one at Bachmann has been a victim of this criminal. You may need to call your local authorities to learn how to proceed.

This is a crime!  If you haven't already, contact your local law enforcement and file a report.  It is a pain to get this through (and the bad guys know it) but press with the issue anyway.  There are many ave. out there for prosecution!   I've investigated several myself!  Convictions can be had.  Stephen

Paul M.

This is probably why the Bach-man won't allow anybody to post "for- sale" ads on the forum. Keep it up, Bachmann!

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

TallDude

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for them on my forum as well.

Kevin
TallDude on http://www.thewhistlepost.com

The Great Destroyer

I'm not listing any names yet but I think I discoverd one on here.
                                                 Respectfully,Destroyer
Quote from: GlennW on April 26, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

trainguy

If he advertises that he uses the USPS for shipping.It then becomes mail fraud and they will investigate and prosecute

I'm not sure about UPS Fed Ex etc

Lou

RAM

make sure you save all emails, web pages and ect.

The Great Destroyer

I was making a deal on here.I was told to contact them off board.It came time to make the transaction they said oh,my paypal is broken I need you to send a M/O and when I told them I only deal with paypal and I would gladly pay when his link was fixed he has not contacted me since and he don't even talk to me so I knew what was up.You know who you are!!!Everyone else will too when they look in some of my N scale posts!
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."