Single note air horn for O scale BL2

Started by raider409, February 10, 2010, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

Good afternoon.  Does anyone know if or can a single note air horn be placed in Williams O scale BL2's.  The multi air horn installed by the manufacturer doesn't quite fit the era.  Thanks.

phillyreading

What do you mean by the air horn in there don't fit the area?
Unless you bought a replacement horn the factory horn unit should fit in there very tight, this applies to all motorized Williams engines with a horn set-up installed. If you took the factory horn out by mistake you did a big Goof-up, because I don't see how to put a horn unit inside a motorized unit that don't have one from the factory.
The replacement horn units sound circuit board is too large to install except in a non-powered unit.

Lee F.

L n N Grandson

I think he means time period.
But, I don't know where to get a different sound; maybe ERR?

Mike_AA9ZY

What he means is the Tru-Blast is a multi-horn sound. Single horn diesels only put out a single pitched sound.

BTW, I agree with the sentiment. I don't want the sound of the FA-1 to sound like the BL-2, etc.

raider409

Quote from: raider409 on February 10, 2010, 01:02:34 PM
Good afternoon.  Does anyone know if or can a single note air horn be placed in Williams O scale BL2's.  The multi air horn installed by the manufacturer doesn't quite fit the era.  Thanks.
Thanks, I did mean era, not area.  Bl,s came equipped with a singe tone, deep sounding horn, not the modern multi toned horns of today.  What I,m looking for is to replace  the multi sound horn for a single sound.  Thanks

phillyreading

If you want to change the horn, try Electric RR. They sell replacement horns for several models.
Sorry about previuos posting, didn't know you meant time period.

Lee F.