News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

please help

Started by adari, February 10, 2010, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

HI,
If anyone has a Y-3 2-8-8-2 PRR that they are willing to give up i would buy it. I designed my layout around this engine and ordered it but never got it (2 years ago). Please email me at adampomeranz@yahoo.com
Thanks
Adam

ABC

Or just buy the undecorated version

PROTO 2000 Heritage Steam Collection USRA 2-8-8-2 Powered Standard DC
Undecorated
Walthers Part # 920-67200, p. 30 Walthers 2010 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $439.98, currently in stock at Walthers
Or
PROTO 2000 Heritage Steam Collection USRA 2-8-8-2 w/Sound & DCC - Powered
Undecorated
Walthers Part # 920-60200, p. 30 Walthers 2010 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $549.98, currently in stock at Walthers but is scheduled to be Phased Out

hotrainlover

You could buy the version as mentioned.  Then buy the Keystones (They are available...)  A decal set for the PRR....and you are good to go!!

adari

i cant do that because that is the usra one and to make it a usra y3 like the pennsy had you would have to modify everything.
Adam

uncbob

Curious as to why the 2-8-8-2

PRR only had 6

Can't you use other PRR steamers on your layout

Why would it be strictly 2-8-8-2 or is it just because you really like that PRR steamer

adari

Quote from: uncbob on February 10, 2010, 07:33:40 PM
Curious as to why the 2-8-8-2

PRR only had 6

Can't you use other PRR steamers on your layout

Why would it be strictly 2-8-8-2 or is it just because you really like that PRR steamer

I want it because i designed my layout around it a month before they went out of stock and i odered it a month before and never got one. I do like other steam but this one i must have. I do know that they only had six but i must have this one. i even have a 130 ft turntable for it!
Adam