News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

mixing aristocrat and bachman

Started by kris@vzmds.com, May 01, 2007, 10:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kris@vzmds.com

i have a large scale bachman electric train and would like to purchase aristoraft passender car is this possible?

Nathan

One problem you will have is the couplers.  At our club where people mix various makes of equipment they tend to pick a make of coupler and put them on all the equipment they own.

Most of the equipment that has been donated to the club has Kadee's, but the Aristo's tend to stay coupled better where we still have not reworkde our track.

Nathan

scottychaos

yep..
bachmann and Aristocraft trains will run on the same track.
not all couplers are the same though (unless you use the "hook and loop" couplers on everything)

just FYI,
bachmann track cant be used outdoors, only indoors. (it will rust outdoors)
but Aristocraft, USA Trains, or LGB track can be used indoors or outdoors.

all "G-gauge" trains will operate together on the same track.
just like any brand of HO scale trains can be run together.

Scot

altterrain

Kris,

I bet you are thinking about running some of the Aristo Sierra passenger cars behind the Bachmann ten wheeler (4-6-0). The ten wheeler is 1:22.5 scale and the Sierra cars are 1:29 scale but the still look pretty good together. If it is not a ten wheeler you own, I would reconsider as all the other Bachmann locos are 1:20.3 scale and the scale difference would be very noticeable. Bachmann or LGB passenger cars in 1:22.5 scale would work better. As noted by the other guys the couplers do not work great together but it is possible.

-Brian
President of