News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turnout lengths

Started by full maxx, February 22, 2010, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

does anyone know the length of the Bachmann #4 , #5 and #6 turnouts...straight side
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

Ok I have disconered that the #5 is 11"  and the #6 is 17...sooo would the #4 be 9"
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Pacific Northern

Where did you get your measurements.?

I just measured one of the #6 turnouts (straight side) and it is 15 1/2", a standard switch is 9".
Pacific Northern

full maxx

An auction on ebay list the #6 are 17" long

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

full maxx

sorry my mind ain't as sharp as it use to be

Pacific Northern

Did you mean a # 6 crossover, looks like 2 switches on 2 tracks? I would expect a crossover would be longer than a regular #6 switch.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HO-SCALE-BACHMANN-EZ-TRACK-6-LEFT-CROSSOVER-SWITCH_W0QQitemZ330379477157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item4cec26c0a5

Pacific Northern

full maxx

no I have two crossovers now... I needs sidings to park the three engines and rolling stock on so I don't have to keep up with ..."dad can you put this one on and take this one off , I wanna drive this one now and this one five minutes later... so this way all can be ready to roll out at any given time and all will be on the track ready to go

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

Thanks to Pacific Northern for measuring the #6 straight length as 15-1/2".   

For the straight length of the #5 turnout, Hunt has previously posted 11-1/2". <--Correct

Counting 47 ties in the online catalog picture and assuming 1/4" per tie,  I'd guess = 11-3/4". <--Error

So at least we are within 1/4".

Hunt is usually accurate, though.

Anyone have a #5 handy to measure and confirm? <--I measured at LHS and confirmed Hunt's 11.5"

Many times I've asked Bachmann to put critical track dimensions in the F.A.Q. sections of this board.<-- Should be in on-line and print catalogs, and packaging, not FAQ

Way too many posts have the same Q over and over, and we still don't know.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit:  Confirmed Hunt's measurement of 11.5"
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

pdlethbridge

If we had all the information, we wouldn't need this forum.Am I right? ::) ::)