News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Atlas True-Track/Bachmann Ez-Track

Started by Cody J, February 09, 2010, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

Which is better? The Atlas True-Track or Bachmann EZ-Track? The Nickel Silver, not the steel. The Atlas is 3 dollars cheaper.

CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

ABC

Atlas True-Track can be removed from the roadbed much easier, otherwise there is not much difference besides selection.

Mike

I believe Atlas True-Track is code 83.  Bachmann E-Z Track is code 100

jbsmith

True Track Code 83.
EZ Track Code 100.

True track is Removable, not altogether a bad thing.
EZTrack is not.

Selection
TT- has a very basic selection. If you want to add say a #6 turn out, be prepared to splice it in using cork* road bed, if you are lucky the cork roadbed will be the same height, may require some tinkering, maybe not,  but tinkering around is a part of model RR'ing anyways.
*-cork or whatever material you like to use.

EZ- Much larger selection to choose from.

Noise: True Track IS quieter than EZtrack.

Height--Not the rails mind you but the roadbed,,EZtrack is taller than True track roadbed, which I suspect relates to the above note about noise.

Appearance,,IMHO,,true track wins that one.

Over all both are good products.  Code 100 or code 83?  Your call.

ABC

Quote from: jbsmith on February 10, 2010, 03:53:30 AM
True track is Removable, not altogether a bad thing.
EZTrack is not.
E-Z Track is removable, it just wasn't intended to be removed, and thus is kind of hard to remove.

chaynes

If you were going to use true track or ez track and wanted to cover the plastic roadbed with a ballast gravel, what type of glue would work best?

Nigel

Quote from: chaynes on February 11, 2010, 03:39:37 PM
If you were going to use true track or ez track and wanted to cover the plastic roadbed with a ballast gravel, what type of glue would work best?

I'd just paint the road bed with latex paint, then sprinkle on the ballast.

Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

BestSnowman

Just to add my two cents I like the Atlas switches since they have the groove for the point to slide into. The bachmann switches the point is just pushed against the rail. In my limited experience I've had fewer wheels picking the points on Atlas switches.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Doneldon

It's easy to make a shallow pocket for the points with a motor tool.  Be careful, though, and use a slow speed or your pocket  will end up way too big.  The Dremel will also sharpen the points themselves.